Greetings y'all and welcome back to the blog. I just thought I'd contribute a little bit to the blog for my once a quarter requirement of participation. As you can see from Pep's last few posts we've been pretty busy with a plethora of activities, both fun and not so fun and others that are a little stressful. Trust me if I could have had my waders on when we went to the Russian I'd have fished longer than 15 minutes. I've been staying busy with basketball. The wins are still avoiding us but the boys are gaining confidence in their skills and abilities. They are also working harder in practice and in the games. So I pretty much won't have a voice from now until the end of the season, and not as much hair as when the season started.
The whole IVF process has been interesting to say the least but it has been good for Pep's and myself. I'm of the frame of mind that there's really nothing else I can do, we've done our part now it's up to the Lord so I'm pretty relaxed about it and just worrying about basketball and when the next day to go fishing is going to be. We harvested Saturday night and Pep's did really well. I really wasn't required to do too much just a few minutes before the procedure started! After a bit of demerol and valium Pep relaxed a bit and Doc did the procedure. She's a little sore today but tolerated the procedure well. All told we were in there for about an hour. Today she's been a little sore. I spoke with Doc earlier Sunday after church and he said that it's going as well as he would expect it to we just have to wait and see now. We'll see what happens in the next 12-24 hours and that will dictate the next week of our lives.
It's terrible timing as I'll be out of town next weekend for a work meeting in Washington regarding a computer documentation program that the hospital is putting in the ER. I've become way too involved in the goings on here, I should just stick to fishing right!! Anyway, we'll keep y'all updated when we find out what's happening. We both really appreciate all of the sacrifice everyone has made on our behalf. It's very humbling to know we have such great family and friends.
So until next time, tight lines and bent rods and in our case fertilization and cell division!! (although I'm dreaming of tight lines and bent rods!)
1 comment:
Fertilization and cell division... Shayne, you are too funny!
Post a Comment