Sorry I haven't posted in a few days...been a little busy. However, I thought I would post a quick note on how things are progressing in the the "Pond IVF World"! :)
Our wonderful little blastocysts did awesome. In fact Dr. Anderson was very impressed with the quality of them. So...on Thursday night we transferred two perfect blastocysts. Dr. Anderson is pretty darn confident that we should be successful with one if not both of them. He said the cells that mature, divide, and develop as quickly as our did are the best quality.
He actually took a picture of the two little blastocysts that he transferred. I have the picture, but I need to scan it into the computer. It's just too funny...how many people have a picture of their children at the blastocyst stage? Shayne says that if we do end up pregnant we are using that picture for their senior baby picture that school's ask for! He's so hilarious! :)
We actually had three that were at that perfect stage, but he would only transfer two...thank heavens! He was pretty sure that we would be able to freeze at least 3, maybe even all 5 of the other cells if they developed to the blastocysts stage.
So, now we hurry up and wait. Shayne's been giving me progesterone injections each night, and we will continue to do that until I take a pregnancy test in about 2 weeks. If that's positive then I continue with the injections until we get a heart beat on ultrasound, which should be at about 6-7 weeks after transfer.
We are being cautiously optimistic. We feel good about the whole process, and even if the test isn't positive we are at a point where we are ok with the outcome. We understand that we have done everything we could possibly do...now it's in the Lord's hands, and if we don't have children this way, then we'll have them another way.
Thank you again for all of your prayers...it's the only reason we've been able to get this far.
6 comments:
Whoo-hoo! I'm rooting for a positive blue line and a heart beat! That is so exciting for you guys! Love ya! Paige & fam
So happy for you guys!
Yay for the good news! Good luck!
hehe...just read your comment about our toilet paper princess...I was debating whether to mention the hemmorhoid cream on the back of the toilet!
so glad to here it's working well! I'll keep praying for ya
So I decided to try this blog thing myself here's my spot
http://lauralmadsen.blogspot.com/
I am laughing and hoping that you will be able to use his/her picture for the high school Year book - talk about a funny talk of the town! ha ha!
Post a Comment