“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunburn Tuesday

We got to Cabo San Lucas from Los Barrilles on Saturday. It was nice on Saturday, but not the best on Sunday and Monday. So on Tuesday we decided to just hang-out and do nothing. Sunday and Monday had been really windy so it was nice to have a good day on Tuesday. After sleeping in, we walked about a mile down the beach to some rocks that had some small tide pools with a few cool fish.


Then we decided to grab our towels and books and just read on the beach...away from all the skin that was on prominent display at our resort. This truly is the ONLY time that Shayne and I were at all exposed to the sun. We had been VERY good about wearing long-sleeved shirts, and sunscreen...except on this wonderfully sunny day!! :) We were VERY good about wearing long-sleeved shirts and sunscreen on every day after this as well!





However, as you can tell on this day we didn't do so well. After doing some ER burn calculations, Shayne has taken a burn-trauma class, Shayne decided he'd burned about 80% of his body...the pictures will attest to that as well! :) He was moving pretty darn gingerly for a few days...he was even sore for a few days after getting back to Alaska. I felt bad, because I only had Tylenol for pain relief. However...he was all over that on Tuesday night! :)



My shoulders got a little burned, but my feet got it the worst!! I honestly have never reacted to the sun like I did while in Mexico this time. After talking to a few people, I've now learned, or recall, that you burn more easily when you are pregnant...I will attest to that fact! My feet were on fire, and were incredibly swollen. I didn't sleep hardly at all Tuesday night...I finally gave in at 3am and got up and took some Tylenol and was able to sleep for about 3 hours. The next morning they were so swollen I couldn't walk. I managed to finally hobble on my heels into the bathroom, fill the bathtub with cold water and just sit there with my feet in the water to reduce the swelling so I could walk! We managed to walk to the pier and back on Wednesday afternoon to snorkel, but my feet were not happy! I had to ice them in order to sleep on Wednesday night. I ended up developing a fairly large blister on the top of my left foot, because the fluid had to go somewhere. It was pretty disgusting...

However, you should have seen us scratching and peeling the week after! There were bits of skin all over my house!! Really was pretty funny!!!

No comments: