Hey y'all, this is Shayne writing on the blog for once. Pepper is behind me in her hospital bed. She is doing well, the surgery went a little longer than anticipated but the results were what we wanted. The cerclage was place in the right position and Dr. Haney said that the procedure went well. There were a few wrenches thrown into the mess due to Pepper's past history but they were able to troubleshoot those challenges without too much difficulty. All is good here, the people here are very nice, the hospital is very large, each of them, there are 4. They treated Pepper as somewhat of a celebrity due to us being from Alaska. There are some interesting views regarding Alaska here and I promise I haven't laughed at the questions that have been posed.
The flight in was pretty good with both Pepper and I unable to get much sleep. There was a little bit of anxiety involved with the arrival to the hospital. We took the Blue line-train into downtown and then caught a cab from downtown to the hospital. Everyone that we talked with prior to coming warned us about not really going off campus by ourselves. Won't be a problem for me. Got plenty of baseball on TV and I brought my Fly Tying vice to pass the time.
So thanks for all of the love, support, and everything else that all of you have given to us. We are deeply humbled and gracious for everything done on our behalf. Thanks again, I'll post again tomorrow.
7 comments:
I have been crapin' my pants waiting to hear what is going on. I even tried to call Kay. I am so glad that my kids prayers were answered. You guys are awesome. I am so happy right now, I bet you can only imagine! Yeah!!!!
Thanks for posting tonight, Shane. Becky was starting to stress me out with waiting to hear the news (and that's not easy to do) :) So glad the worst is over, now it's just time to pamper and spoil your wife, right?? I'll be sure to tell Aaron about all the new flies you guys will be able to use. Give a big hug to Pepper for me.
Darcy
So I just went to call someone on my cell phone and noticed I missed a call from you phone....oops. All that stressing out about nothing. Thanks.
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad everything went as planned. Hopefully, it's all smooth sailing from here!
Glad everything went well! Have a safe trip back to Alaska!
So glad to hear that everything went as hoped. Thats great! Recover fast, and eat all that hospital food- I have only heard that is somewhat of an aquired taste. You guys are in our prayers.
I've been bugging Kaye forever about updates, so she finally gave me your blog address, said it was easier...glad to know things went well, you continue to be in our prayers..
The Manwarings
(especially Bryant...still has that "crush":)
Post a Comment