“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, August 4, 2008

30 Weeks...and counting down!!



So, I took a picture between 28 and 29 weeks of the baby bump, but it was soooo not cute!! So...I waited until a Sunday, b/c it's about the only day of the week I actually do my hair and more that just mascara. :) So, here is the 30 week baby bump. And...we only have 8 more weeks to go! Yup...we've scheduled Friday, Oct. 3rd for our C-section. So, barring any unforeseen complications, our little boy will be here 2 months from yesterday! How exciting...I think!



Speaking of our little boy, here's his last ultrasound pic from his 28 week appointment. I'm pretty sure this is a face only a mother can love at this point! :) He's definitely starting to run out of room in there, so his face is squished up against my uterus. As a result...he has a HUGE nose!! Really...it's a squished nose, b/c from his last profile pic, he has a cute little nose. Still...kind of a funny picture huh? But I still think he's cute! I actually measure 33 inches at this appointment, and aren't I only supposed to be about 28 inches? I'm a little concerned I'm going to have a massive baby, but Doc seems unconcerned so I'll go with his nonchalance about it all. :)

Oh...and by the way...if you want to read a great post on dip-netting you need to check out Angela & Eric's blog. The whole blog is pretty funny (beware of his latest post about getting seasick), but about 3 posts down Eric did a great job of explaining the whole Alaskan dipnetting thing...and it's hilarious!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Pepper you look great! It looks like your boy inherited a little too much Pond by looking at the size of his nose...:) I am kidding, you can tell it is smooshed. It is pretty cute you can see it so distinctively though. Hang in there, just a few short weeks left!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

OH...You look so pretty! I wish I could see you while your pregnant. Your baby is super cute and it makes it more real every time you get an ultrasound. Have you decided on any names yet? Good luck with your last couple of weeks! Luvs

Michelle said...

That's so exciting! Oct 3 is my anniversary: Hey - that means that Cooper was born on your birthday and your baby will be born on my anniversary! How fun!

Well, Daniele is right - you do look so cute. I'm glad you've slowed things down so you can just enjoy being pregnant.

9 of Us said...

I have a squished nose face of Jolee too. It scared me at first, but just look how cute her nose turned out! Can't believe the end is almost here. You look to good for 30 weeks...eat more chocolate would ya?! :)

Laura said...

You are such a cute mommy! It's ok if your baby has a HUGE nose everyone will still you he's cute! tee hee! He was just pressin his face up to the camera tryin to look out while you were looking in :)

Miles and Bex said...

I agree with Darcy, you look awesome. I will bring you a big bag of M&M peanuts home for ya. Darcy and I better get going on your baby shower. So excited!

Melinda H. said...

Your looking great! It's funny that you say a picture only a mother can love, because when all of my babies are born it seems I am the only one that thinks they are beautiful until a few weeks later when they don't look so old manish or turtle-ish (if those are even words!) Kaye brought an invite for your shower and I am hoping to make it. Greg's office is having a going away dinner for a lady who worked in their office for a long time and is now moving. But I will definetly drop something by Kaye's if I can't make it that night!

Kaye and Jared said...

Love the picture...Time is flying by. Only a couple more weeks!!YEAH!! You look so cute pregnant!! Enjoy these last few weeks!! Sleep Sleep Sleep....ya right huh. Wish my ears were the only thing that hurt when I was pregnant and sleeping. I think that is so funny. Better your ears than your hips though!

SBryner said...

Peps--you look so cute--little prenant mama!! I am so glad you are blogging so I can see your pictures. Not as good as seeing you prego in real life but I will settle. Loves.

9 of Us said...

Okay Pepper,we are waiting for weeks 31, 32, and 33. You are slacking girl!!