KayCee got married on March 20th, and The Bug and I flew into Idaho Falls that morning, after flying all night. (For a multitude of reasons, Shayne had to stay here in Alaska.) The trip was not our best...we had a 7 hour layover in Seattle. Not fun. It was even worse, b/c it was from 11:30 pm - 6:30 am. The Bug didn't fall asleep until about 3:30 am, and I never did sleep b/c I was freaked out someone would take my baby while I was sleeping. I started getting a massive migraine around 3am while trying to get a fussy 18 month old to sleep which was horrible. I finally just said a little prayer to Heavenly Father asking him to either make my migraine go away, or to help my toddler to fall asleep...but letting him know I could not deal with both the migraine and the toddler. 1000 mg of ibuprofen and a sleeping toddler later...I was feeling much better. I am so grateful Heavenly Father hears even the smallest prayers. :) The Bug slept from 3:30 until about 9 am which was when we had a short stop in Boise, before flying to IF. He slept the entire time I boarded the plane in Seattle, the flight to Boise, and finally woke up just before we took off for IF. So, when we landed in IF at 10:30 in the morning...I was pretty much wasted.
It was so nice to see Dana (Shayne's dad), Dallan (brother), and Tayler (sister) at the airport. You may ask why all three of them were there...so did I. They had all used the excuse to pick me up to get out of wedding "stuff". :) Too funny. The wedding was scheduled for 4pm, but we were to be at the church at 1:30 for pictures. So...after running a couple of errands we went home and showered and were at the church at 1:45. I still hadn't slept...at all. The Bug had only had about 6 hours of fitful sleep. We were having a great time. :)
We didn't even end up taking the family pics until about 3:30-3:45...just before the wedding began. At that point I was done trying to keep my exhausted little boy awake for pictures that we weren't in, so I put him to sleep. So, when we finally did take pics I was holding a passed out 18 month old in my arms. Great pic huh? :)
I ended up putting him on the floor of the mother's room and that's where he stayed for the wedding. He slept there for about an hour...poor kid. He had carpet marks on his face when he finally woke up. :)
The wedding was beautiful. They got married at the church, b/c they are still waiting for the letter ok'ing the temple marriage...which will be coming shortly. They had already set the date, so just decided to keep the date and get sealed in the temple later. PresLee was the little flower girl, but instead of throwing out the flower petals, she was stopping to pick them up and put back into the basket. It was so funny. You can see after the ceremony she was still totally enthralled with the soft rose petals. She kept picking them up and rubbing them on her cheek. I never did get pics of KayCee or Kendal...just of little Pres sitting on the floor playing with the flower petals. I did take a quick shot of The Bug sleeping on the floor of the mother's room too. I was too tired to care about any other pics...is that bad?
So that was the wedding in a nutshell. KayCee is very happy...and after spending a few hours with Kendal I can see why. He makes her happy...and he loves her, which is important. He also loves little PresLee, which is even more important.
We were so glad we could be there to support KayCee for her wedding.
But...I will tell you that The Bug and I slept good that night.



1 comment:
Thanks Pep! Such fun posts to read. I didn't even realize all the misery you went through to get here. I am so sorry and thank you SO much for coming. And thanks for watching PresLee and for taking all those darling pics of the two little "munchkins". They are so, so, so cute together. Anyhow, so glad you were here, thank you again!!!
Luvs,
KayC
Post a Comment