“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Meet The Pilot - June 25th



So we flew out for our Idaho vacation late June 24th...or early June 25th. Depends on how you look at it.

Anyway...we let The Bug walk the concourse to the airplane, seeing how he was going to be sitting in one spot for awhile. When he got to the plane, he walked on, looked at the flight attendant standing there, looked right down the long aisle of the plane, looked left into the cockpit, and decided he liked the cockpit option better. Who wouldn't?! It was full of lights and fun things to push and play with!

So...he turned left and walked into the cockpit before Shayne could stop him. The pilot was there and thought The Bug was pretty dang cute in his dinosaur pj's, started talking to him, and invited Shayne and The Bug to sit down in the co-pilot's seat, so the The Bug could get a good look at all the lights. Who gets to go into the cockpit anymore with all the security since 9/11? So I thought this was way cool.

I, of course, stopped all traffic boarding the flight, to bust out the camera and take a pic. I gave the camera to the pilot and he took the pics. He was such a cool pilot. He was having fun talking to The Bug and watching his reaction to all the stuff.

I posted both pics, b/c I thought the one with him looking at all the lights was funny. He looks totally in awe. Wouldn't you?!

Anyway...before I jump into the GAZILLION pics I have of our va-cay to Idaho...I thought I would post these fun pics on the plane meeting the pilot.

3 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

That is so AWESOME!

Trev "N" Dez said...

I can't believe they let you do that. I was thinking you were going to tell us how security jumped Lachlan to keep him out!!!

LA Law said...

That's great. Cute, well behaved kids can get you lots of "extras"!