So, Grammy Jo wanted to come up and visit The Bug, and offered to watch him while we went on a little mini vacation. We weren't gonna turn her down, so we decided to go and check out the Bend/Redmond, Oregon area to eventually relocate to.
She happened to come just after The Bug and I had had the puking flu. He fared pretty well and got over it quick...I on the other hand did not handle it well. Imagine...almost 12 weeks pregnant with some serious morning sickness and now I've got the puking flu as well. So, I can't eat b/c I'm sick, but I get sicker b/c I'm not eating. It was NOT a good combination. Thankfully, I had nurse Shayne to help out, and getting a liter of fluids the night before Grammy showed up helped A LOT. So, I was feeling much better when she got here...as in I could get out of bed and actually stand up long enough to brush my teeth. :)
She flew up early on Nov. 6th and we left that night and flew into Portland early the morning of the 7th. The flight was long for me, b/c I was still not feeling great, but at least I wasn't puking. We drove down to Bend that morning and stopped at the coolest ski resort on our way down. It was Timberline Ski Lodge, and it was incredible, b/c it was one of the first high class ski resorts built during the Great Depression to create jobs. It was more like a museum, but it's still a functioning ski resort on Mt. Hood. We got there around 7am and were able to check out the main lodge w/o a lot of other people. The fire place was the only pic we were able to take...the battery died shortly thereafter.
We really enjoyed our time in Bend/Redmond. We liked the area...reminded us a lot of Idaho, it has a high desert sort of climate. We checked out a few hospitals in the area (which were good hospitals and definite options) and drove around to lots of different areas. We also were able to eat at some VERY good restaurants in downtown Bend...yummy.
It was nice to just spend some time with Shayne, and get some much needed sleep. I felt so much better after being able to sleep as late as I wanted for 3 days. We drove a different way back to Portland, and stopped at this rest stop where these cool falls were.
Kinda funny we only took pics on our drive down to Bend, and on our way back to Portland, but not a single pic in Bend/Redmond which is where we are considering moving. Oh well.
And just to keep the fam in Idaho from getting too excited...we aren't moving for a few years yet. Just looking at all our options.
No comments:
Post a Comment