“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Friday, March 18, 2011

Can you hear the Baby Sista?




So, I had been concerned about my blood pressure and wanted to check it to make sure it wasn't climbing higher than normal. Luckily for me, I'm married to a nurse who happens to have a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. Well, my blood pressure turned out to be fine, but while the stethoscope was out The Bug became intrigued with it. I showed him how to listen to our hearts, and he thought that was cool. Then he saw me trying to see if I could hear any movement in my belly, so he had to try that out too.

He climbed up into my lap and sat there trying to listen to his "Baby Sista". It was pretty cute.

His latest thing he does to my belly is walk up to it, pet it soft, and then say, "Baby Sista payin toys! Baby sista payin wif Wachwan's toys!" I keep asking him if he's going to let her play with is toys, and he says he is, but we'll see how well he shares when she starts taking his toys. I'm more worried he thinks he's got an instant playmate coming out of my belly. He's going to be sorely disappointed when she comes out and can't play with him and his toys.

No comments: