“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs...













Of course I have to post coloring Easter Eggs. Last year we were flying back from Idaho the Saturday before Easter, so we didn't get to color Easter eggs. But, this year I knew The Bug would love coloring them, so I busted out the coloring kit the day before Easter.

We didn't do anything fancy, just the basic egg coloring kit w/ vinegar for us. It was so much fun, and I was right...The Bug LOVED it!! We only had one incident of spilling the dye, and I got most of it back into the cup before it ran onto the floor, so we could finish coloring all the eggs. I was amazed we only had one accident the way he would keep pulling up the eggs out of the cup with his spoon to see how they were coloring. He was just amazed at how they were changing color. Evey time he would lift one out, he would tell me what color it was. It was pretty cute.

I loved having the little Home Depot apron for him, though I should have shortened up the neck strap instead of pulling up and tying the apron, oh well. As you can see from the colored fingers he definitely "got into" it. :) I was experimenting w/ my camera, and had the shutter speed too slow while taking pics of his fingers, so after I got it adjusted to where I wanted it, it was just easier for me to tell him to put his finger on his nose so he would hold still. :)

He also wanted to put stickers on his eggs, and happened to have some on his hands already that he thought he could pull off his own hands and put on the eggs. He was disappointed when the didn't stick very well on the eggs. Good thing the kit came w/ some stickers. And believe me...he covered a couple of eggs with stickers.

After getting them all colored he wanted to eat one, so he peeled it and attempted to eat the colored shell part...not so good. He did eat most of the egg, but doesn't like the yolk, so I got to eat that. Looks like I"ll be eating a few yolks over the next few days. Reminds me of when I was younger, and my little sister, Maysi, didn't like yolks either. I ate a lot of boiled egg yolks around Easter time. :)

Anyway, it was so much fun coloring eggs with The Bug. It's exciting when they are so excited and into the fun. Makes it so much more fun for us to watch him get excited about the fun things we are doing.

1 comment:

Austin and Maysi said...

I was thinking the very same thing, about you eating my yokes as you were telling the story. Too funny!