Man how fast time flies! Especially when you are loving your life.
We had so many changes in 2010. Not just little changes, but life changing changes. Most of them I've blogged about, but some I haven't. But all of them have affected our family and for the most part have been positive for us.
Shayne changed jobs in March of 2011. He became the Interim Director of the Emergency Department at our hospital. Then in May the made him the actual director. This means he's gone from working 36-40 hours in 3 days and having 4 days off, to working 50-60 hours in 5 days with only 2 days off. It's been a HUGE adjustment for him, but for me and Shordy as well. We went from having him home 4 days a week to having him home 2 days a week. And granted we see him every evening, but still don't get as much Daddy time as we are used to. But...it's been a very good change for Shayne. He is finding fulfillment again and satisfaction and challenges in this job that he wasn't getting as an ER nurse. He needed the change. I will put a separate post about this change...I'm sad I haven't done it before now.
The job change also meant Shayne had to go back to school to finish up his Bachelor's of Nursing degree...yup he's only had an Associate's degree up until now. And, one of the stipulations is that he be working on his Bachelor's degree for this position. So...not only is he working more hours, he's now taking online/distance Nursing courses through BYU-Idaho, which is where he graduated from in 1999...when it was still Ricks College. :) So, he's been busy with school work too. And...he had to shave his face. Yes...he has to abide by the honor code and dress code to be going to school at BYU-I...even if he's not on campus. And, Shayne having more integrity and honesty than anyone I've met is abiding by these rules, even thought I'm sure no one would know any different. So, the man who has always had a goatee as long as I've known him, except when we were working at the temple in Anchorage, is clean shaven...that's a big deal!
We also had another Miracle Baby born in May. This alone would be a huge life changer...and she has been. She has brought a whole other dimension to our family. She has added such a wonderful and positive dynamic to our home. We have loved, loved, loved this little girl so much. Her happy disposition and always smiling face melt our hearts and make us smile every single day. She has her little brother wrapped right around her little finger. He loves her and is so sweet to her. I'm sure they knew each other before and were best friends, b/c I can see it already. Going from a one child family to a two child family is a big life changer...we've had to slow down a bit, but we love the change. We've slowed down a bit, but have definitely not stopped.
We went from having a toddler, to have a little boy this past year as well. I don't know if it would have happened anyway, but he just grew up over night when we brought his Tiny sister home. He decided all of the sudden to start growing (which means lots of nights up rubbing his legs when they are aching from leg cramps), which had made him lose his cute little budha belly that made him look like such a little brick. His imagination and the games he plays have moved to a more kid-like aspect. He's not a completely innocent toddler anymore. And, while it makes me a little bit sad...I know it's gonna happen and instead of being sad that he's no longer in the last phase, we try to look forward to the fun phase he's in now and take advantage of every moment we have with him...because he is our first Miracle Baby...and he will always be that to our family.
What a year of blessings for our family. We really had a good year in 2011. We had to make some major adjustments in our family...but we have been so blessed because of those adjustments.
This past year is just another year to add to the evidences that our Heavenly Father is real...and He loves us. He wants us to be happy. He provides ways for us to be happy. And while we know there are many trials ahead of us...we are just grateful for the blessings, peace, and happiness we have enjoyed in the past year.
No comments:
Post a Comment