“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Sunday, October 14, 2007

First Post!

Ok...so I'll try the blogging thing. I'm not good at keeping a journal. I'm terrible at emailing people. I very seldom print or email our pictures to share, so I'll try something new. The pictures I have on here now are from June to July of 2007. They are all pics of Shayne and I. However, when I have more time and I don't need to get to bed, I'll post others. We have some great pics of the fish we've caught this year...imagine that!

I can't even begin to explain to those who don't know Shayne very well how much he LOVES to fly-fish! He's obsessed with it! He ties his own flies, has more fly fishing magazines than you ever thought possible, eats, drinks, and sleeps fly fishing. We have way too many fly rods, but he'll tell you he doesn't have enough...in fact, we have a new one coming this week!

However, he's a great husband. He makes me laugh, treats me like a queen, and always makes sure I'm happy. It's easy to make me happy though...I just have to be around him...so if he's fishing then I'm fishing. This is the first year I've really started to "get" fly fishing. It's finally starting to get enjoyable for me, and if it's enjoyable for me, then it's much more enjoyable for Shayne! ;)

We moved down to Soldotna from Anchorage a year ago and have loved it. Shayne is working in the ER at the hospital here, and I'm teaching at the alternative high school. We love our jobs and the community. It's been the best move for us. Shayne will say it was a great move, because it's closer to all of the rivers and fishing he loves. I will admit there are some incredible hikes to these rivers and fishing spots, so I can't complain. We are pretty darn happy here!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Pepper and Shayne! So glad you joined the blogging world...me too! I LOVE your pics! Makes me want to come visit! xoxo Trish

Unknown said...

To Heck with Shayne's head!!!!!I was trying to get the whole BIG fish in the picture. (ask Shayne, he'll agree) MOM

Trish said...

Peps, I tagged you...go to my blog. I know you love this stuff! Trish