“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Shayne's Sweet November



So...as you can see...Shayne is loving November! He's been on the river fishing for steelhead just a "couple" of times this fall...and hasn't done too bad! :) The top steelhead has a double red stripe, which is pretty awesome. They are all decked out in their spawning colors, so are pretty incredible right now. The middle pic, is just a cool one Shayne took before he released the fish. He's got a pretty good eye for photography. The bottom one is his pride and joy, not to mention the biggest steelhead he's ever caught. That steelhead is 34"long and fat! Shayne fought the fish for quite awhile before landing him...and you can tell by the look and smile on his face, that he's about ready to burst! In fact...he did a little dance in the river after he released it...the guy he went fishing with told me so. :)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go fishing this fall...yet! My goal is to catch a steelhead, and I'm hoping to do it next Saturday. Shayne's promised to take me...if it's not TOO cold. So, hopefully I'll have a pic to post in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure it won't be as big as Shayne's, but that's ok...I just want to catch one!

Sorry we don't have any other interesting news to share.

Welcome to life...in Alaska...in November! :)

1 comment:

Trish said...

I am most impressed that Shayne can hold a the fishing pole (laugh, because I'm sure it has a more sophisticated name) in his mouth!!!!