“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Quick Explanation...

For those of you checking our blog for an update on our IVF situation, I'm sorry I haven't updated sooner. However, the two weeks after transferring are a hurry up and wait sort of situation. Believe me it's not fun for us either. So no...we don't have any new info to share. At least not yet.

We have been busy and preoccupied with Shayne's sister KayCee and her husband Josh, who have been up here the past week going through the exact same process Shayne and I just went through. I was apprehensive about having two of us up here on hormones, but it was actually really nice. They were probably the best guests we've had up here. Shayne and I really enjoyed the time we got to spend with them. They ended up only having to be up here for a week, instead of the anticipated two, which was nice for them. They did end up harvesting, fertilizing, and transferring eggs.

...So Shayne's family is waiting for both of us to find out if we are pregnant or not. These would be the first grandkids on his side of the family...so needless to say they are very much excited about the whole process.


I'm sorry I don't have any more excited news to share...the only thing I could truly share that would be of any entertainment value would be the fact that my backside is getting a little sore...getting progesterone shots every night is soooo not my favorite thing...but everyone keeps telling me it's worth it!

By the way...HOW 'BOUT THEM GIANTS!!! :) Shayne has been cheering for the Patriots for the past couple of years, mostly because I'm a huge Colts fan...so Sunday was extremely gratifying for me!! :) We went to a little Super Bowl Party at our neighbors and members of our ward Darcy and Aaron Swanson, with Miles and Becky Hansen and their family, and KayCee and Josh. We had great food, great fun, and a great big 60" plasma tv to watch that great game on!! Good times...Good times!! (I'm sorry Darcy for jumping on your couch when Eli threw that last touchdown pass!) :)

2 comments:

Melinda H. said...

I thought I might've missed out on some news...sorry about your backside! I had to take progesterone, but it was a wax thingy that melted inside me. But it's all worth it. It kept me pregnant with the twins and all was well! Good luck with everything, oh yea, a girl in my ward says her sister is your neighbor...Bobby Mason is her name. She's awesome, which I am sure you already know. It seems everyone I run into knows you. Lucky them and me!

Miles and Bex said...

GO GIANTS! Thanks for teaching me when to yell. It was a lot of fun. keep us updated, I can hardly sleep at night!