“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last Day on the Beach

So on Thursday after doing some shopping we walked back out to the rocks at the end of "our" beach that we had been to on Wednesday. Shayne decided he wanted to go later in the day to get some sunset pictures. We got soaked as we were walking out, because the tide was definitely in...and there were some pretty good swells hitting the beach. It was ok though, because me feet and legs were still burning and the cold water felt good.

You can see the full moon above the resort with the purple sky...pretty awesome. I was watching the crabs crawl around...read the next post to find out about those.


Shayne had to set the timer (obviously) to get this pic of us, so he had to scramble to this rock and lay flat so you could see the arch behind it. I love the lighting in this picture!!



No...the water didn't hit me, but I thought it was. My reaction time was a little slow...about a half a second later I had jumped and squeeled thinking I was going to get wet. However, it provided a nice little pool of water, in between those rocks, I could clean the sand out of my shoes and off my feet. I have my capri's pulled all the way up, because they were wet and rubbing my sunburn with the little bit of sand on my legs. Wasn't pleasant!!




We loved this beach!! When we went there on Tuesday, the tide was out and we found a couple of little tide pools with different kinds of fish. There were black/white striped, and some electric blue, with yellow, and even a funny little eel looking fish. And...there were lots and lots of crabs!! It was so much fun. Not very many people walk out this far, and even if they do, we only found a couple of locals climbing around on the rocks. It was nice to get away from the craziness of our resort and spring break.

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Awesome pics! Sounds like you had fun!

9 of Us said...

So jealous of your fun time, not jealous of that sunburn. :)
Darcy

9 of Us said...

By the way, I see I haven't been added to your friends list...I see how it is. :)

Valorie Johnston said...

You guys take AMAZING pictures! Looks like so much fun!
WISH I was in MEXICO

Trish said...

I wish I was there too...glad you had fun! Oh, sunburns...I hate those.