We are back!! I'm so relieved. The rest of our hospital stay was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing. The nurses were wonderful, and especially intrigued by Shayne and his fly-tying. :) I was up and moving on Friday, which was nice. We explored the hospital a bit, and I did some serious walking...at least for me at this point! However, I paid for it on Saturday...I was so exhausted! I finally got out of bed to shower around 11:00, because they said I had been discharged. It was nice to be out of the hospital, but the rest of the day proved to be long.
We had to sit in the airport for about 5 hours, b/c our flight didn't leave until the evening, and then it was a 6 hour nonstop back to Anchorage. Let's just say it wasn't my most favorite flight. I was pretty miserable. Shayne finally convinced me to take some Vicodin, and about an hour after taking it I slept for nearly 1 1/2 hours, without moving. I hate taking the narcotics...I'm convinced our baby is going to be a "crack-baby"! :) However, Shayne says the kids going to be more damaged from my lack of sleep and pain, than it being a little medicated. Any who...we got into Anchorage around 10:30pm and stayed with Kaye and Jared.
Needless to say that such a long day Saturday wiped me out on Sunday. I was pretty much miserable the whole day. It's one thing to deal with the recovery of regular abdominal surgery, but combine it with being pregnant...it's not so much fun. My lack of sleep has been making me sick again, which reduces my appetite, which makes me sick. When I finally do take any pain meds, they make me sick and loopy too, and I hate it. So yesterday wasn't my best day. Shayne and I decided to stay another night, b/c I wasn't ready to drive 3 hours in a car back to Soldotna. So I worked on sub-plans, and actually slept last night! I feel better today, than I've felt in about 2-3 days. Now, I just hope I keep feeling better each day.
So....that's my update. I just have to say, Shayne has been absolutely amazing through this whole ordeal. He has struggled with not having control over the situation, and helping me feel better, but he has handled it well. He has waited on me hand & foot, and is very aware of things I might need before I need them. And he does all of this without complaining. He tells me I'm the best patient he's ever had! :) I tell him he's supposed to say that! He seriously was my angel while in the hospital as well. My first night there was a terrible night. It would have been much worse had he not been there. Not only was he there as emotional support as my husband, but he was there as my own personal nurse as well. That in and of itself was a HUGE blessing. I can not imagine having gone through that without him. He has made my recovery easier...even if he doesn't think so. I'm extremely lucky I have him in my life...I love him more than anything in the world!!
Ok...we will be driving home this afternoon, and then I'll post some pics of our hospital stay. They aren't the best of me...but hey, who looks good in a hospital gown?!
3 comments:
What a good guy your hubby is...really I think he is just earning some serious fishing time this summer.:)
Glad you will be able to sleep in your own bed tonight.
Darcy
You were not suppose to check my blog! I thought for sure I could post about cleaning because there is no way you would do blogging until tonight. So suprise! We were wondering why your house was so picked up and clean before you ran out the door to Chicago. Thanks for helping us out! You deserve it! I am glad Shayne is being so good to you, if he wasn't I would have had to hurt him.
I'm so glad you've "almost" made it home. What a great guy you have! I love the fact that he kept the blog updated and let everyone know how you were doing. You'll recover much better at home!
Post a Comment