So this past weekend we had our first camping adventure for the year. A group of our friends all got together and crashed the Deep Creek campground. We went with Darcy & Aaron, Becky & Miles, Angela & Eric, and Dave & Whitney, and their families. We camped right on the beach with an incredible view of Redoubt (one of the volcanoes in the area), on the horizon.
Everyone except Shayne and I had either a motor home or camper trailer to stay in. Shayne and I being the adventurous ones, (I say this, b/c we actually are the poor ones in the group, or don't have family to borrow a camper from. :) ) braved it out in a tent on the beach. We had a blast, even if I did freeze to death Friday night. However, 2 1/2 hours sleeping in the pickup the next morning, and another 1 1/2 hours in Becky's trailer, while I was "watching" Addi (she was sleeping soundly) was what I needed to have fun on Saturday.

There were four-wheelers (Tipz LOVED them), and a trailer to haul the kids around, and they had a blast with it. Those of us who had dogs brought them, and they wore themselves out playing. Shayne and the "boys" went out on the ocean to fish for halibut. They didn't catch their limit, but had a good time. The "girls" spent a lot of time making sure kids didn't freeze to death b/c they couldn't stay away from the ocean, and just sitting around the camp fire. Anyway...it was fun. I couldn't ask for better friends.
If you want to see some more incredible pics of our camping trip check out Angela & Eric's blog. He takes some amazing pictures.





4 comments:
Looks like a good time. Beautiful pictures! I really like the one of the puppy. I'm glad you didn't actually freeze to death. You're a good sport!
How fun!!! GREAT pics, the first one is beautiful!!!!
It's so good that you are an outdoors person, being married to Shayne AND living in Alaska! What a fun time! We are anxiously awaiting our first camping trip - but we're waiting for it to be just a bit warmer at night first!
The next trip is right around the corner...Seldovia I think. Can't wait!! So glad school is out for you...and me.
;) Darcy
Post a Comment