“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Super Woman No More

Sorry I don't have pics w/ this post, but I don't have the desire nor the energy to add the pics for all the things we've done in the last three weeks. I'm simply posting to say...I'm Super-Woman No More! :) I'm ready to just be pregnant...and it's about time! Let me explain...

I haven't allowed myself much time to slow down, I refuse to believe that pregnancy can hinder any of the activities I participated in previously...sorry Trish, I just can't teach a spin and aerobic classes up until the day I deliver...you are still super-woman. :) I'm a pansy...and I'm not afraid to admit it!! :)

So...in the last three weeks I have (while 6-6 1/2 months pregnant):

~Went jet-skiing on Bear Lake
~4 days later went on a 10 mile one day hike w/ Shayne's mom and sis
~2 days later I backpacked (yes, large backpack w/ my gear) in 6.5 miles, camped for 3 nights, and backpacked (yes, large backpack...again w/ my gear) out 6.5 miles
~Taught 4 hours of horse-back riding lessons the next day.
~4 days later I canoed one day for 8 hours, camped over night in a tent, canoed 5 1/2 hours the next day for a total of about 20 miles. (Not my funnest experience...they'll be a post later about it.)
~2 days later taught 4 hours of horse-back riding lessons...again.
~2 days later I went out w/ Aaron, Darcy, & Becky (Shayne had to work) dip-netting from a boat in the Kenai River. We got on the river @ about 6pm, dip-netted until 11pm, caught 80 Red Salmon, 1 King Salmon(I caught it in my net...it's my first King Salmon!!), and were up until 4 am filleting the fish, and all in a down pour of rain...I have yet to help Shayne skin them, and then bottle and smoke them. That's on tomorrow's list of things to do. (I have no pics of this adventure...let's just say it was real...it was fun(until about midnight)...but it was definitely not real fun!! :)

This morning, when I HAD to get up for a potty break, and I couldn't move b/c my back was all locked up, and my leg muscles were sore from all the crap we had to do getting those fish...I informed Shayne I was finished. My mom had just asked me the night before when I was going to stop and just be pregnant. I called her this afternoon and told her I am starting now. She just laughed. So while I will continue to try and do more things than I probably should, it's now up to Shayne to tell me, or others, I can't do them. He's been told that if I do anything else like I've been doing, I will not be disgusted w/ myself...but I will be mad at him for letting me go gang-busters while I'm almost 7 months pregnant!!!

Sounds fair---right?!

8 comments:

Trish said...

Are you kidding me? You are not a Pansy! I think we are all Super-Woman if we are pregant and can get out of bed in the morning and do a few things around the house. I just can't stop there... BUT, if I would have had your list of things that you did the past week or so, I SO would have been done!

ps. Loved your memories! That was such a GREAT year! Loves.

Michelle said...

My belief is that NO pregnant woman is a pansy. That is a hard job! I'm amazed every time I read a post at all you've been doing - AND you look great doing it. Now is your time to relax because it gets even more crazy when the little one gets here. Rest up while you can!

By the way - I've been trying to suppress that memory for the last how ever many years. Thanks!

Soccer Mom said...

You ARE a super-woman!! Wow! I couldn't have done half the things you did at 6 months pregnant!!! Amazing! Definately take it easy because the real fun starts when baby gets here!!!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

I can't believe all that you have done. You are not a pansy! You are definately Wonder Woman, Shee-ra, the worlds strongest woman, ect...... I'm glad your finally slowing down and being pregnant. I couldn't keep up with you even when I'm not pregnant. If I were pregnant, I would be spending the first 4-5 months hugging the toilet and the rest of my pregnancy sitting on my toosh eating bon bons!

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

Holy crap Pepper! Busy lady you are! I still can't believe that you're pregnant! I'm so stinking excited for you guys to have your little baby. We get to find out what ours is next week and then we'll be up in Alaska a couple days later. I can't wait to see you!

Alaska Massey said...

Pepper, you are doing awesome! I'd be happy to help you slow down. I'll bake you yummy treats and paint your toenails in anticipation of the big day. Plus, I'm sure if you haven't already, you'll start nesting and need help getting the house all ready for your sweet boy. So, take a break - everyone knows you need and deserve one. Love, Angela

Kaye and Jared said...

Okay Okay.. you definietly need to slow down. you are sounding a lot like me. You definitely aren't a pansy!! Continue to enjoy being pregnant!! I know you won't be able to STOP but just slow down a little. It's okay. :) See you sometime this week!

Valorie Johnston said...

Wow... Sounds like you were doing way more than the average woman who is not pregnant!...

YOU GO MAMMA!...

Crazy all you sister's being pregnant or have new babies that close... HOw fun for all the cousins!