I've been having a few moments of reflection lately as my life is about to change drastically. And... I have to say that I have been so blessed to have had the best pregnancy. I feel bad sometimes that I have had such an uneventful pregnancy when I've had friends and family who haven't such wonderful pregnancies. I feel extremely blessed, and have truly loved the entire experience. I'm actually kind of sad (in a weird sort of way) to be moving on to the next phase of the whole "having a kid" thing.
Because I was told at the age of 13 that I would never have my own children, and then again just last year that Shayne and I would never be able to get pregnant, actually being pregnant has always been an impossible concept for me to truly grasp. I still look at my belly everyday in wonder, amazement and gratitude. I sometimes complain about the effects of pregnancy on my body, but mostly b/c that's what I feel like I'm supposed to do b/c that's what I've heard other women do.
However...I'm so grateful everyday to feel the movement of a baby inside, and to have this big round belly getting in the way of everything. I love that I have to waddle to get around, and that I ache in places I never new existed. I refuse to complain about the fact that I can't roll over at night, and I have to get up at least twice a night to use the bathroom. :) I love the feel of hiccups, and the way he feels like he's going to push my sides and skin until they burst. My hands and feet swell at the most inopportune times, and I think it's great, b/c it means I'm pregnant. I love everything about my pregnancy--good and uncomfortable--, b/c according to science I'm not supposed to be pregnant, yet here I am...large, uncomfortable, waddling and very pregnant.
5 comments:
I'm so dang excited for you! And I can't wait to see how that little guy looks. :D
Awe that was beautiful. I am so excited for you. The time is getting so close... Horray!
We are soooo excited for you too!! Can't wait until Monday!!
Good luck with Lochlan's (sp?) birth! We are happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pics! Haak was glad he got to go fishing with Shane for a last hurrah (before he has added responsibilities). Not like it is going to be his last hurrah.... ha ha! It's only the beginning!
Man... You made me cry!... I am so happy for you!... There is nothing like being a mom and feeling the baby inside of you!...
CONGRATS!
Post a Comment