“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photo Shoot w/ Eric





These first four are at our house. The next six are at Kasilof Beach






This last pic is showing the little setup Eric used for the pics. I thought it was kinda cool.


So last Sunday afternoon I get a phone call from Angela, the girl who made the awesome cake for the baby shower, who's calling on behalf of her husband Eric. She asked if Shayne and I wanted to take some "pre-kid" pics b/c the lighting was perfect. Now, Eric is a photographer by hobby, but he is so good at it he could easily be successful as a professional. In fact, he just purchased some new lighting equipment for this hobby.

So, I had been telling him that I wanted him to take some pics of Shayne and I before the baby comes, and now he's definitely going to be taking some after the baby comes as well. Well, Sunday turned out to be the perfect day...the lighting and the fall background was great. We took some at our house, and then went about 15 miles down the road to the Kasilof beach. I just have to say that I think Eric did a tremendous job! You should check out he and Angela's blog where you can also access another website with a lot more of his pics. I'm so glad we have so many talented friends.

5 comments:

Cindy G said...

I love them! What a fun idea...and he is a really good photographer. I also loved your "blessing" post. I was also always so grateful to be pregnant. Being pregnant for me wasn't as miraculous as it is for you, but after struggling with infertility so much and going through a miscarriage, my pregnancies were such blessings. I heard so many women complain about how fat they were, etc. But I welcomed my belly. I wanted the whole world to know that I was pregnant. And I was like you...always a little sad to leave that part behind. I also had very uneventful pregnancies, and I'd like to think that even if I were sick and more achy, that I'd still treasure each moment. I would love to be pregnant again, but the emotional stress is just too much. I just don't know if I can do it again...the getting pregnant part, I mean, not the actual pregnancy. I am so glad that you and Shayne were able to get pregnant and that you could experience this wonderful gift from Heavenly Father. Good luck on your delivery. Can't wait to see pics of the little kiddo.

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Your pictures are wonderful! I think my favorite is at the beach with Shayne holding your belly. What an amazing photographer. You look so beautiful pregnant. I can't wait to see pictures of the kiddo too! I know you're not going to feel like posting just after you have your baby but PLEASE make Shayne post something. He doesn't even need to include picture. I just want to know when he finally arrives. I'm going to be pacing all day until I know everything is alright with you and the baby!

Rob and Heather said...

Beautiful Photos. What a keepsake. Life is gonna change and its so exciting.

Kaye and Jared said...

LOVE THEM!! They turned out sooo good!!

Michelle said...

Yep - the countdown is definitely on now! The pictures are awesome - such a neat thing to have. I'm so happy for you! I think a lot of us take getting pregnant for granted. It's been way easy for me both times so I can't even relate to you and Cindy, but I know how long you've wanted this and, like Daniele, will be waiting for any kind of post with any kind of news. Is your mom going to make it up?