“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Friday, October 17, 2008

2 Weeks and Growing

Here are a few of the latest pics of Lachlan. He had his two week appointment on Tuesday, and is weighing in at a whopping 7 lbs 1 oz. He's gained back all the weight he lost initially and then some. So, he's eating well. Everything else checked out as well...minus the fact that he's a little bit tongue tied, which is why latching on to eat isn't his best talent, but he's learning and getting a little bit better everyday. He's actually a very good baby. He only gets up once during the night to eat, and only fusses when he's hungry, and even then it's not bad. He loves to look around and is very alert after eating. He's been smiling in response to stimuli, so it's not just him passing gas! :) His smiles are the cutest...I tell him mulitple times a day that I think he's just the cutest baby I've ever seen. Grandma Pond, or Grammy Jo, has requested some video of him so she can hear and see him in action, so we'll see about getting some video on our blog.

I'm sure that some of you will get bored of the pics of Lachlan, and me ranting on and on about how cute and wonderful he is...but I know my family will appreciate the pics...and that's the whole purpose of our blog...to keep our family up to date on our life that now includes a "little man".



His first outing to the gym. It was some of the young women I had at girls' camp last year final volleyball game, and they asked Shayne and I to come see them play. So...here's his first documented pic at the gym, with MANY more of them to come.


Does this look familiar to anyone who's had a new baby? I had no idea Shayne took this pic. It's actually about 9:30 in the morning, but I'm not getting as much sleep as I used to...so this little nap felt pretty darn good.


Just hanging out after being fed. He's so alert...stays awake for about an hour after eating...cute during the day...not so cute at 4:30 in the morning. :)


Daddy Shayne on burping duty...I thought it was cute how he was peeking over his shoulder.


Peeking out of his car seat. He's actually a good traveler...he likes getting out and about.

At the Dr.'s office...notice his little Teva's. They fit great, and actually stay on his tiny feet. I think they are too cute.


I just love to stare at him...I think he's the most beautiful baby in the world.

This is where his hands are most of the time...right next to his face.

Not his first bath...my mom, his grandma gave him that, but his first bath with both mom and dad...not sure if we're doing it right, but he survived! :)

I love it when he looks at me like this...right into my face. So cute!

Dad doing diaper duty. Shayne actually changes lots of diapers, and is usually the one changing his clothes. He's an awfully good daddy!!

9 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

LOVE ALL the pics!!

Unknown said...

Holly Crap theres a pictures of Shayne actually smiling at something other then a fish. Thats awesome.

My Crazy Life said...

OH!! Pepper he is so cute I love the pics

Anonymous said...

Shayne, I love that the long beard thing is gone. You look great. I can tell you are such a good daddy. Kudos on the diaper changing!

The Dorman Family said...

Ahhh... a nap with a sleeping baby I just dont think you get much better than that. Enjoy that part for sure. Good to see you soing so great.

9 of Us said...

Looks like Lach adores you as much as you do him. That's why newborns are my favorite...mom can do no wrong. Not true when they become teenagers!

Cindy G said...

He is truly one of the most beautiful babies I've seen. And no one thinks you're funny for thinking he is the best and most beautiful and most perfect baby ever. That's what moms are supposed to feel. Especially ones that had to wait so long and go through so much to get their little ones. I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself so much. Someday, I hope I get to meet the little guy!

Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun--my girls would love to be your neighbor:) He's a cutie--

Angie said...

Hi pepper! This is Angie Coburn Buttars. I found your blog through michelle's. I hope you dont mind my peeking. Your baby is so cute. Congratulations! I love looking at your blog and am jealous of all the great fishing that you get to take advantage of in Alaska. We are at jamangibuttars.blogspot.com