“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Sunday, April 19, 2009

On Monday, April 20th...

My mother-in-law, Jonette:


is running:



Ya...the Boston Marathon! 26.2 miles of this:


I'm not sure how many half-marathons, full marathons, and triathlons she's run, but it's a lot!


She is amazing, and such an example to me of setting goals and then achieving them.


Good luck Grammy Jo!! We will be cheering, and praying, for you tomorrow!!

p.s. Can you believe she's a grandma, and running a marathon? She definitely doesn't look like a grandma! Seriously...an inspiration that someday I can be in great shape too! :)

2 comments:

Willie E. said...

Wow, that is encouraging for me to get off my duffer! Yeah eventually I will run some sort of race but right now I can't go to the mailbox without getting winded....small steps I say! Let us know how she does!

Trish said...

Yes - she is an inspiration! Half marathon I will do....Full - no way!

Loved all the "vomit" posts :)