“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring has Sprung!!!

Finally!!

Last week, we had the best week we've had in over a year. I'm not kidding...we had more nice days last week than we did the entire summer last year. So sad. By Sunday it was hitting around 70 degrees...we loved it! So, needless to say Lachlan got to experience the great outdoors...and even got to put on a short sleeved shirt AND shorts!! AMAZING!!

He hung out outside while we (and when I say "we", I mean Shayne), did yard work. He found out the rocks in the driveway are very fun to pick up and throw. He attempted to eat them at first, but then decided throwing was more fun...he is his father's child. :) We also took him to Kasilof beach with Lyndsey & Marcus and their little girl Zannah. It was so incredibly nice!

With his red hair and translucent skin we made sure he stayed pretty covered. He has the cutest hat, and doesn't seem to mind it...yet. He loves being outside. It has since cooled off a bit, but we can't complain too much, at least the snow is gone. :) Hopefully we'll continue to have nice days like this throughout the rest of the summer.

6 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I wish our warm days would come back! I am going to need to borrow a swather to mow the lawn if the rain doesn't stop long enough for us to mow in the next couple of days!!!!

Kaye and Jared said...

Love the pics!! Malia gets so excited when she sees him too. I too am READY for summer!

Trish said...

He is such a doll!

Tiffani said...

It looks like you've had fun! I've been out in the yard all week also... It feels so good to be outside again.

Nichole said...

What a cute little guy, love his hat!

Miles and Bex said...

It was all nice and warm until the bad luck charm came back (ME) Totally mad I missed the nice weather. Hopefully it means a good summer!