“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Flowers from little Bugs






Because of such an incredible fall we've had, the flowers have been hanging on longer than normal I think. It also helps to have snap dragons and pansies which handle the cold weather better.

Anyway...The Bug went out to play, and I was hanging out on the side of the house while he wandered toward the front where I have some flower pots. He shortly showed up with some pretty flowers for me. How sweet huh?

It brought back memories of when I picked some pansies for my mom. However, these pansies were buried under snow, yet still alive and blooming. The snow had protected them from the frost. I thought I was so smart for picking my mom flowers in the middle of the winter. She didn't think I was nearly so smart. I got in trouble for picking the flowers b/c pansies aren't perennials really. They are more an annual, and she didn't want to have to replant the pansies. I remember I felt bad for picking the flowers, but I felt worse she didn't appreciate my gesture. I can't remember how old I was...but I understand a little better now.

Anyway, when he brought me these flowers I knew he didn't know any better, and I was just glad he thought to give them to me. So, I followed him back around while he picked some more. Next year we'll have a conversation about wh/ flowers are ok to pick and wh/ ones aren't.

But for now, I'm just happy to be getting flowers. :)

No comments: