“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lots o' Firsts!

So these pics are for our family that hasn't had a chance to meet Lachlan yet. I will be posting lots of pics of him for the next little bit, it helps both of our families feel like they are still involved in seeing the changes that are happening with our "little man".



Lachlan staring up at my mom. He stays awake for about an hour after feeding and just stares at you. It's the cutest thing you've ever seen.



This is what it looked like on Tuesday morning. My parents had to drive back to Anchorage in this weather, but at 5 am, in a rental car, and on unfamiliar roads. It wasn't their funnest drive! But...it was Lachlan's first snowfall. I took a pic of him and Shayne out our side door. That's our little guest cabin that you can see.


Shayne gave Lachlan a little mohawk. I think it's so funny how you can just see his little eyeballs and nose peeking out. He's like a little peanut.


Shayne and Lachlan taking a nap on the floor, with company. Tipz and Bo decided to join in. They've been really good, and fairly uninterested in Lachlan at this point. He hasn't been licked yet...which is ok with me!


This is one of my most favorite pics. We are still in the hospital and Lachlan is awake after feeding and just staring up at Shayne...it's so cute.


Lachlan's first trip in the carseat. We were just getting ready to leave the hospital. He slept all the way home...yeah for me!!


Yup...his first thumbsucking photo. I was a thumbsucker until I was five, so I'm a little concerned he's going to be too. He's definitely a binky baby...loves to have something in his mouth to suck on...we'll hopefully be able to stay with the binky...easier to break him of that habit.


First road trip. We went with my parents to Homer on Friday afternoon. This is me and him sitting in the front seat getting ready to feed him while my parents and Shayne went and wandered the boat docks.


This is Lachlan and my mom in his first little outfit...the Swanson's and the Hansen's had a dinner for us on Monday night. It was fun to actually put him in an outfit, even though no one saw it b/c he was wrapped up in a blanket the whole time. It was all good though...still fun!



I just have to say, I loved having my parents here for a few days. It was nice to just sit and talk to my mom as I was feeding Lachlan. I was very much sad to see them go...it's harder than I thought to not have family up here while having a baby. But...I know we are where we are supposed to be so it will be ok. It was nice to have my mom up here though. She helped out lots and lots! Love you mom!

10 comments:

Trish said...

Aren't Moms the best? What would we do without them? I really don't want to know, actually...

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

How neat! I'm so glad that your parents got to come up and see you all. I love looking at all the pictures so don't stop posting them! :) You look great and happy and awesome! I'm glad that you finally have your little dude. :D

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

As I'm reading your post and get to the end I start talking to my computer monitor......MORE...MORE!! I love to see all your pictures. You look fabulous. I have to agree that the picture of Lachlan looking up at Shayne is my favorite too. Your mom looks the same. Maybe even younger. Ask her how she does it. I'm glad your parents could come. I can't believe you have SNOW! YUCK! I'm not ready for the cold weather. I think you and Shayne are the bravest people I know. It is so hard not having family close by. Especially with a baby. I know you have wonderful sweet friends that will be there when you need them. By the way...I need your address! I'm already thinking about Christmas Cards. Is that not insane?

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. He is such a cutie. Can't wait to hold him when you guys come visit next.

Kc

Soccer Mom said...

Too cute and so glad your mom and dad were able to spend some time with you guys! Moms are awesome!!!!

9 of Us said...

Love the pics, not the snow. Can you believe this weather?!! Give the boy some kisses for us. Everytime we drive by, Chloee says, "I want to see Pepper's baby!" Too bad 4 year olds are too young to babysit. :)

Miles and Bex said...

I am glad your mom made it up. But remember you do have family here. If you forget that I might just have to kidnap Lach until you remember. He is so beautiful. Glad he is not a FLB. Thanks for letting me talk to your hubby so much this week. We found some good articles tonight that helped me calm down. Hope you enjoyed the enchiladas. We missed you tonight. We are just not complete without you....funny bex

Alli E. said...

Pepper,

I ran across your blog the other day and I can't even tell you how happy I was to hear about your new baby!!!! Conratulations!! He is absolutely DARLING!!

Love,
Allison (Buehler) Esplin

Valorie Johnston said...

Lachlan is such a darling baby... Will you send me your email address mine is daizeedd@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Melinda H. said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Cherish these days! They are the best.