“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, February 26, 2009

And the winner is...

Well...it's a tie!! Daniel's Croup and Cold Ointment and The Crane Elephant Cool-mist Humidifier are winners in my book. We just recently made it through our first major cold over Valentines Day...it is NOT fun. We could not have managed as well were it not for these wonderful things.

The Daniel's ointment is ONLY made in Malad, Id. and is way better than Vicks or Mentholatum...seriously. I just happened to be in the pharmacy with my mom and bought this while in Idaho. It's been around FOREVER, because Malad has been around for nearly forever. :) Anyway...we know the pharmacist personally, so I was able to ask him about the ingredients...those who know me know I'm a little bit a freak about that stuff. Anywho...put a little bit on Lachlan's chest, and then on his feet, and he didn't cough much and the congestion didn't get too deep into his chest. Wonderful stuff!!

The little elephant cool-mist humidifier was also wondeful. It was the last one, which is why we have an elephant, but it works great.

Our little dude was pretty sick for about 3-4 days, running a 102 fever and just lethargic. Gotta love traveling on airplanes, and being around lots of little cousins. It wasn't fun...but even when he was sick...he was still a pretty happy little boy. I just love his personality...always laid back and happy. Couldn't ask for a better baby.

If you want some of the ointment...the phone number is on the label in the picture. Seriously...good stuff.

5 comments:

Willie E. said...

I agree Pepper, Daniels ointment rocks! I've had a small jar of it forever and it works awesome. Is one of the ingredients lard? Just curious!

Soccer Mom said...

Most awesome stuff ever made!!!! My girls have been sick this past week and we have been using it like crazy!!!

Trish said...

We always have the Croup Ointment on hand! You are right - it is a MUST!

Camille said...

We love this stuff as well. Funny how everyone from Malad knows about this great ointment!

Melissa said...

ME too-I like to get it out every once in a while and sniff :) Little Lachlan is growing so fast--very hansdome! Did I ever tell you my neighbors are Brian and Shannon Virgin? AND my husband and his brothers are planning a trip to Alaska this summer--they've never been--any tips? Sorry about the long comment--my email is jmkmbj@msn.com if you get a sec!