“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission!!

We went down the first week of February to see Bowd off for his mission. He's off to the Minnesota-Minneapolis mission...yup...he's aware that he's going to freeze to death! :) Anywho...I took some pics of him while we were down there. Just thought I would dedicate an entire post to him. He's the youngest of six kids...and you definitely know it. I'm 13 years older than him, but we have a great relationship. He's a very good kid, and for the most part (we won't go into details here) he's a great example. :) He's very excited to serve a mission, and I know he'll be an awesome missionary. We'll miss him, but know he's doing good things!!


Last picture with Bowd, me and Lachlan. We left that afternoon, and he reported to the MTC the next day.


Saying goodbye...he can't be normal and just give me a hug...he's got to give me a zurbert(sp??), and lick my face!! Eeewwww....that's Bowd.


Giving me a sad face for the cell phone that will be causing withdrawls in the MTC.

This is what Bowdrie was doing the day before reporting to the MTC...mostly standing around trying to be cute. :)


This is what my mom did the day before Bowd was going into the MTC...yup, ironing his shirts. I told her not to, but he is the baby, and completely incapable of doing right by himself. She also packed all his things...and ended up cleaning his room and his car after he left. She didn't really miss him until about a week ago...after all his mess was finally cleaned! Gotta love the baby!! :)

This is a perfect example of Bowdrie. He got a very nice merino wool sweater vest. Then he put it on top of a pile of dirty clothes he brought up from his room in an attempt to clean the room. My mom...doing his laundry...threw everything in the washer. She didn't see the sweater vest he SHOULD have put in the suitcase. You can see the results for yourself...and my mother's reaction.


His "whoops, but I'm still cute" face, while modeling the very shrunken sweater vest. My mom and I worked for the next 2-3 hours to stretch it back out per instructions found on the internet. I still don't think it worked though. Oh well!!


Going through his "stuff", namely paint-ball stuff, to give to Kade while he's gone. I inherited his cd's and an iPod speaker. Love you Bowd! :)

Hangin' with Kade and Shayne farming out the good stuff while he's gone. Gotta love missions! :)



Bowd has always loved his nephews, and recently his nieces. He's a very good uncle, and his older nephews are going to miss him lots.


With his girlfriend Kelli (and Kinzie's hair bow, above). She's a very cute girl he met at school in Logan, and we hope she sticks around. Shayne gives her 3 maybe 6 months...isn't that terrible?!


Bowd at the dinner after he went through the temple...that's his buddy Ben giving his sad face that Bowd is leaving.


No comments: