“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Binky Baby

Lachlan LOVES his binky. I was trying to take pics of him walking around...before he was 11 months old...but he got distracted.

Background: He only gets a binky for naps and bedtime, and when he's in his car seat. The one in his car seat has a binky buddy (from my HS friend Val), that is clipped to one of the straps. He cannot get it off the car seat.

Back to the pic: When he sees the binky on occasion(like this particular night), he sits down, puts it in his mouth, sucks on it for a bit, and then tries to take off...with the binky still in his mouth. As you can imagine, it doesn't go with him. It pops out of his mouth, which annoys him to no end! He gets so frustrated with the dang binky!! He cannot figure out why he can't take it with him.

It's pretty comical for Shayne & I.

Unfortunately these pics also show you how short he is...those pants are 12 month pants, but they are so long I have to roll them 3-4 times, just so he can walk. We don't wear those ones very often...at least not yet. I'm still very hopeful he's going to have a massive growth spurt and reach that "average" curve on the growth charts in the near future! See, I'm not asking for much...just average! :)

He does make a cute little bug though.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

That binky buddy is genius! where can i get one, or how do i make it?