How cute is that kid w/ his own CamelBak? Looks like a little boy...no longer a toddler that's for sure. :(
Yup...she slept most of the way up and back. What a good little hiker she is.
So, I'm married to a super-dad! Seriously.
On the 4th instead of going fishing like he could have easily done, he decided to make a point to get me out of the house and on a hike...with the kids.
It's not easy hiking with 2 kids, one being only about 6 weeks old.
But we did it.
We took our double Chariot and hiked the Fuller Lakes Trail...ok...attempted to hike it.
It was incredibly steep and started to rain pretty good over half-way up the trail. Shayne did a phenomenal job of pushing the kids up the very narrow and steep trail.
People who saw us were impressed we made it as far as we did. So was I!
The Bug started out walking with his new CamelBak backpack...which he thought was so awesome...but wanted in the stroller as soon as it started getting steep. Can't say as I blame him. I asked if I could get in too, but Shayne didn't think I was very funny. :)
Anyway, we made it most of the way, but b/c of the downpour and lack of oxygen for me (still very anemic after my post-baby hommorage incident) and Shayne for pushing up some seriously steep hills, we decided to turn around.
The Bug found some rocks to throw in the puddles at the parking lot. After the hike we went to the Swanson's for some fun lake/bbq time.
So...it was a pretty good 4th of July...thanks Babe for getting me out of the house and on a hike. You're awesome!!
No comments:
Post a Comment