“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shordy-isms



This kid continually cracks us up...if you haven't read the post from June about all his latest dialogues you must read them, b/c this is just a continuation of them.

This one kinda made me sad...Yesterday, Shayne asked him if he was his little boy, and The Bug answered, "Nope. I not yittle. I big!" So, then I asked him if he was my little boy, and he said, "Nope. I NOT yittle. I BIG!" So, I said, "Ok. Are you my big boy?!" And he promptly replied, "Yes! I not yittle. I big." I'm so sad he already thinks he's a big boy. I want him to stay my little boy forever.

We had to call Grandpa Price and tell him this story: Yesterday we woke up to the Borough doing some road work on our road. So, there was a ba
ckhoe in our driveway digging up dirt and putting it in a dump truck. The Bug immediately thought it was was Grandpa in the tractor. He still remembers riding in the tractor last year with my dad doing chores. So, every time he sees a tractor he thinks it's Grandpa in the tractor. So, I told him it was just a guy and not Grandpa. But then he sees the backhoe dumping the dirt/plants into the dump truck and this conversation ensued:

"Yook mom! Tractor's sharing wif the dump truck! He's sharing wif the dump truck!"
"Ya, he is sharing isn't he?" (I'm trying not to laugh as I'm talking to him). "What's he sharing with him?"
"Oh, jus dirt."
"Just dirt huh?"
"Yes. And vegebles."
"And vegetables?"
"Yes. Jus carrots."
"He's sharing vegetables, carrots, and dirt with the dumptruck?"
"Yes. Da tractor sharing his dirt, and vegebles, just carrots, wif the dumptruck."
"Wow. That's pretty cool huh?"

I actually filmed him saying this, b/c it was so dang funny. He thought the plants they were digging up were vegetables...and particularly, carrots. My dad thought it was pretty funny when i called him to share the story.

This last story melted my heart. This little boy loves his baby sister. He loves to talk to her, and touch her little ears, hands, nose, feet, etc. When I get up one of the first things he asks is where she is. And, a couple of times a day he asks to hold her. So, he climbs up on the couch, grabs the boppy, wraps it around his waist and then holds her. He often asks for her burp rag so he can pat her back and burp her. About a week ago, he was holding her like this and then he says, "Mom, she's my bery bes friend. She's my bery bes friend mom." Then he gave her a hug and a cute little kiss on the top of her head.

I hope he always thinks they are "Bery bes friends."



1 comment:

Austin and Maysi said...

brought treas to my eyes! They had to be "bery bes friends" before...they helped each other get here I know it! Siblings are the best