“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, March 5, 2012

Snowshoes


Climbing the snowdrift from the Borough plowing our driveway...that's a snow drift...not a mountain!  :)



I have been unable to park in the garage, b/c there isn't anywhere to push the massive amounts of snow with a snowplow...the dogs have made a nice trail though.  :)

Those are our front windows...ya the drift is as tall as the windows.  It's a little weird when you see your dog outside on the drift and he's eye-level with you.  :)

I stashed the toys under that folding table, but you can't see them b/c of the 4 feet of snow surrounding it.




There is a pop-up camper there somewhere...I had actually shoveled all the snow off it just about 10 days earlier, but you couldn't tell to look at it now.



Remember the post about the bird feeder and the dead chickadees?  Yeah, well I felt bad b/c their food had run out and with this much snow on the ground they could use a little help with the food situation.

So...Shordy and I ventured out to the back yard to refill the bird feeders...but in order to do so, we needed snow shoes.

Not kidding.

Without snow shoes I sink to my hips...not knees...my hips.  That means that Shordy would completely disappear in the snow!  :)  As it was, even with snow shoes I still sank to my knees.  Craziness I tell you!  Craziness!!

So, I managed to tramp down a small trail to the bird feeders so Shordy could help me out.  And, he got to try out his new snow shoes I got on craigslist...yeah for craigslist.  It took him a bit to figure out how to step a little wider so he wasn't tripping over his snowshoes, but he figured it out after awhile.

While we were out refilling the bird feeders, Dad came home and so then he and Shordy started exploring around the place, while I went and got my camera to document the RECORD amount of snow we've received this winter.

Yes...RECORD amounts.  This is not normal for us...even in Alaska.

So, while it's pretty and white...I'm convinced that we are going to have snow in our yard until June, which doesn't make me very happy.

But at least Shordy got to try out his new show shoes...and the birds now have food to eat.


No comments: