“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yard Saleing


3 kids passed out in the back seat (thank heavens for a dvd player!)


And 3 babies in the second seat...they were all pretty good...thankfully!

Having lunch on the deck with Taryn, the Tuia's cousin.  Yeah for nice weather!!!


Shayne had a conference in Anchorage the weekend of Tiny's birthday, so we spent the weekend with the Tuia's!

On Saturday, Kaye and I had the great idea to go yard-saleing, b/c it was the massive annual yard-sale weekend of some large neighborhoods in Anchorage.  Not sure why we thought this would be a good idea...because who would take 6 little kids yard-saleing...and when I say little here's the age break-down:

Malia - 4 years (soon to be 5 in like 10 days)
Shordy - 3 years
Tyler - 2 years
Tiny - Almost 1 (the next day)
Brayden - 6 months
Colton - 6 months

Seriously?!

Needless to say, we never even got out of her Suburban.  There was NOTHING worth getting kids out for...or even stopping for, to listen to at least one of them cry when we did stop.  We spent the whole morning driving slowly past yards trying to catch a quick glimpse to see if there was anything worth stopping for...there wasn't.  :)

We spent the better part of 3-4 hours just driving around, not stopping, at about a bajillion yard sales.  I think the only time we did stop was when Shordy had to pee.  We stopped and I had top pull him out the back b/c it was a bigger pain to get him around 3 sleeping babies in carseats.  :)

Of course I had to take a picture of the whole crazy idea!

Only with Kaye do I have these sorts of experiences...and memories.  :)

No comments: