I lost my Grandma Nora Williams Price today.
It's sad she's gone but she's been sick a very long time so it's a good thing she's no longer in pain or suffering.
It's even better that she's back with my Grandpa Price who passed away 14, almost 15 years ago.
The amazing thing is she passed away on her birthday. Yup...she was born on December 8th and she passed away on December 8th. I can't help but think that her mother was there to take her to the other side. How appropriate to be the one to bring her into the world and be the one to help take her to the other side.
She was surrounded by all her children and many of her grandchildren had been to see her in the last 2-3 days b/c we knew her time was short.
Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it down to Idaho for her funeral. I said my goodbyes to her when I saw her last, and for that I'm happy. However, I will be the only grandchild who could make it to not be there, and that makes me sad. I wish I could be there to honor her and her pretty incredible legacy.
My Grandma Price was quite the lady. She wasn't afraid to tell you what she thought...even if it hurt feelings. She however, was FIERCELY loyal to her family and would do whatever she needed to do to protect or help them.
She was a fun grandma who told crazy campfire stories that would scare even the bravest grandchild. She ate all the burned marshmallows we cooked.
She would hike with us and inform us she found Bigfoot tracks, while she traced them in the dirt. :)
You NEVER said you were bored b/c then you would promptly be given a job of cleaning in the house. But...as long as you stayed busy and entertained outside you were free to roam forever with the cousins. She paid us $.25 for a gopher tail and gave us the b-b's for the Daisy pump gun to hunt for them...as 8 year olds.
She gave us, the Price and Corgatelli's, dull knives to help with the chicken slaughter. I think we ranged in age from about 10-5 and we all had a knife to help cut off legs and pluck feathers. What a memory!
She gave us pennies to walk 2 miles to the local store down a dirt road for penny candy.
She fed us hot chocolate and burnt toast for breakfast when we spent the night with her, and you didn't expect more b/c she was NOT a morning person.
She ALWAYS had cookies of some sort in the cookie jar.
She made the best doughnuts for Halloween.
She was very hard working and was a great example to her grandchildren about what it meant to work hard and do a job right.
She loved my Grandpa...and even though she wasn't always easy to love he loved her back.
She met and held both my children and was amazed at how I had children and told me they were beautiful.
I will miss my Grandma, but I know she is in a much happier place with my Grandpa who loved her a lot. I hope she's learning a lot and I hope I get to see her again someday.
Love you 62 Grandma!!
No comments:
Post a Comment