“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, September 5, 2011

Grammy's Marathon

Grammy Pond just before the finish line...amazed she heard us yelling and waved at us.  Can you believe she's a grandma?!  :)


These were two people who helped her when she was hitting her wall.  She doesn't normally run marathon's alone, but started this one by herself...but didn't finish by herself.  She says she meets "angels" during some of her most difficult, or challenging, marathons.  I believe her.  :)



Grammy, Papa, and The Bug walking back to the car.  I think it's so cute how he was holding Papa's hand.

Shayne, his mom, and a sleeping Sweet Pea.  Grammy had to get as much of her as she could b/c we were leaving the next day.  Shayne was pretty proud of his mom that day...so was I.



On Saturday, Sept 3rd, Shayne's mom ran one of her  many marathons in Pocatello.  We were driving to Boise that day b/c we were flying out of Boise early the next day for Anchorage and decided to get to Pocatello in time to see her finish her marathon.  She's been running marathons since 2005 and hasn't stopped.  She ran the Boston in 2009.  I seriously hope that when I'm her age I am able (if I choose too) to run a marathon...not saying I really want to at this point...but I hope I can if I want to.  I was amazed she could still lift The Bug to take a pic...but she did.  Shayne & I were so glad we could be there to support her in one of her passions in life.  We thought it was pretty dang cool to be there as she finished.

She's a pretty cool Grammy!!


Just a side note...there was a massive amount of people at the finish line with all sorts of stuff going on for the marathon.  But, while I was there waiting for Jonette and Shayne, I ended up seeing a few people from Malad!  Crazy!  One of them was a girl I graduated with, Daniele, whom I follow on her blog.  It was so crazy to see her there...but so much fun!  I'm gonna definitely have to get together with some of my high school friends next time I'm in town.

No comments: