| Sweet Pea with my Grandma Price, Nora Williams Price |
| My Grandma Woodbury playing peek-a-boo with Sweet Pea |
| Mom, Dad, and Sweet Pea chillin' by the car up Pass Creek while Shayne was fishing. |
| Shayne attempting to fish Big Crick up Pass Creek while The Bug played with his sticks...Shayne wasn't so successful. |
| Four Generations: Grandma (my mom) Teri Woodbury Price, me, Sweet Pea, and Great-grandma (Vernetta Rae Baird Woodbury) |
| My and my kids with my Grandpa Leland Vernon Woodbury...I love his hat and cowboy boots. This is everyday attire...he's the real deal. Love him! |
| Me and my kids with their Great Grandma & Grandpa Woodbury |
| My mom with her parents |
So, on Monday (the 29th) afternoon we went and visited my Grandma Price (my dad's mom) who lives there in Malad. My Grandpa died while I was on my mission over 13 years ago (Holy Schnickies!! 13 years?!?!)...so it's just my Grandma...and her sisters. She has like 4 sisters that live within a block of each other, it's sorta crazy. :) Anyway, my Grandma is like almost 86 years old and is nearly blind from macular degeneration and has to have dialysis for kidney failure. But, she refuses to die...seriously. :) Anyway, I went and visited her so she could see her newest great-grandchild. Even though she couldn't see her very well, she told me she knew she was beautiful, b/c I was beautiful. Made my heart smile. :) It was a really good visit and I'm glad I was able to spend some time with her, b/c I really don't know how much longer she's gonna be around, even though she thinks she's gonna live forever. :) My grandma was so glad to have me stop and visit her. She's quite the spitfire...nothing's changed as far as her personality that's for sure. :) So the conversation is always kinda funny. Grandma Price was a fun grandma who always told you "slightly" exaggerated stories, convinced you Bigfoot was real, and that the wolf skin on their wall, Sniffer, would wake up at night and sniff your feet (my grandpa Price started that one). She'd let you play for as long as you wanted but if you came in the house and claimed you were bored, you were waxing her floors or cleaning the bathroom in your next breath.
On Tuesday, Mom & Dad drove us to Mackay to visit my Grandma & Grandpa Woodbury (my mom's parents). I grew up in Mackay until I was 13 and so I love to go back and visit, b/c it's where I spent my childhood. Shayne had fun too...fishing fun that is. The Lost River Valley is known for it's Rainbow Trout fishing and Shayne was able to get a taste of it. He fished the Big Lost River right near my grandparents place early on Wednesday morning and came back like a kid at Christmas he caught so many fish. We took him up Pass Creek later in the day, which is where I grew up pushing cattle for my grandparents, but he didn't have much success up there...too windy. But it was a really nice drive and brought back lots of memories.
It was so much fun to see my Grandpa and Grandma Woodbury. They are such wonderful people. The Bug is born on my Grandpa's birthday and this year my grandpa will be 82 and my grandma had just turned 80. My Grandpa is a cattle rancher and worked his 600 cattle ranch until he was 77 years old when they sold it. He loves to work and unfortunately his body isn't letting him work much anymore. He has pretty much worn his body out...literally. But...get him talking about ranching or the Lost River Valley (wh/ is where Mackay is located) or anything like that and he'll talk your ear off. Ok...maybe not (my grandpa was never a big talker) but he does get to talking. He used to haul us grandkids along on his motor cycle to change the irrigating water...we loved riding with him! My Grandma looks GREAT! Shayne was totally shocked to find out she was 80 years old...he kept saying how good she looked and how well she was doing. I loved visiting my grandma and seeing her with Sweet Pea. My Grandma Woodbury was the grandma you could sit next to and snuggle with. She taught me my first piano songs and is an excellent pianist with a wonderful musical talent...and I like to think I inherited some of that from her. My grandparents are wonderful people who have such a sweet spirit in their home...you feel so welcome and loved when you are there.
I was the LUCKIEST girl in the entire world, b/c I grew up within 5 miles of both sets of grandparents. My G&G Price were 5 miles to the south, and my G&G Woodbury were 5 miles to the north. They were both cattle ranchers so I spent lots and lots of time on some pretty amazing cattle ranches and in the mountains where they summer grazed their cattle. My grandpa's were friends. In fact, when my Grandpa Price died, my Grandpa Woodbury was the main speaker at his funeral...how many people can say that? I didn't spend much time at friend's houses, or the neighbors (they weren't close enough anyway) but I spent lots and lots and lots of time at my grandparents houses...and at my cousins who lived close. It was the BEST way to grow up. I tell Shayne all the time we have to move closer to grandparents b/c he has no idea how wonderful it was to have such a close relationship with my grandparents. I have so many wonderful memories with my grandparents and I'm so grateful for that. I hope my own kids get to have those sorts of experiences some day.
Ok...enough nostalgia...
I'm so glad Sweet Pea got to meet almost all of her living Great-grandparents...just missing Shayne's G&G Gerth who live in California. Pretty amazing that both The Bug and Sweet Pea have all but one Great-grandparent still living. They may not remember them, but I have pictures and stories to share with them when they get older.
1 comment:
Guess what Pep. Grandma Woodbury is actually 81 this year. She was born in 1930. Great post and pictures...thanks for sharing
Post a Comment