“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our Sweet Bug






These pics were taken on Sunday, May 9th. He's starting to really want to be like dad, and one of the things he does is wear his cap. He doesn't wear it all the time, but sometimes he asks for it, and actually leaves it on. This was one of those mornings. He asked for it and then left it on while playing.

I really could have only posted one of these pictures, but the one with him giving his cheeser grin is WAY too cute to not post. He looks like a piranha with those teeth though.

The close up picture is b/c it's one of those rare moments I've captured in a photo where I can sorta see myself in him. He looks so much like his daddy, I rarely am able to see my genetic influence. :) But...every once in awhile I can see a glimpse of myself...and for some reason this picture is one of those moments. Shayne thinks he looks cross-eyed and that's why I think he looks like me...I love my husband! :)

The other pics are later in the day, and I just took them b/c he's so dang cute! And...he was pretty proud of himself for climbing up in the chair without any help. My first thought was..."Crap...now the stuff on the table isn't safe anymore."

Lots of kids are climbing up on things by like 10 months (ok maybe not 10, but definitely 11). This poor kid has the height of a chihuahua. He acquired the nickname "Shordee" for a reason. He's 19 months and just now climbing in a chair. Not that I'm complaining, b/c I'm not! I just think it's funny...and sorta cute when he toddles around on his short little legs. :)

3 comments:

Trev "N" Dez said...

He does look like you in the picture, and not JUST because of the eyes! I can't wait to see him next month! He is getting so big!!

Austin and Maysi said...

I love the picture of him climbing up and reading a book! The best feeling for a mom is to see your kid want to read!

Alli E. said...

I can totally see you in there!