“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, April 16, 2012

My B'Day

Shordy sharing his toast w/o me even asking him to.  What better B-day present can I get than that?  :)

My beautiful family with the surprise b'day cake Shayne got me.  How awesome is that?!

This was a Cold Stone Mint Oreo ice cream cake!  Yum!!  Then Shayne went to a little shop here and got me the little frog collectible for the top.  I have a few of this lady's little figurines and he gets me a new one every year.  So cute!

Me with my beautiful children...and my b'day presents(the hat and jacket...love them!)

Tiny is made she isn't getting to try the cake.  :)

So...we let her try it.  :)


She wanted more...of course.  :)



I had such a great birthday!  I had a friend watch my kids while I went and had a manicure done and then I came home thinking I was going to be making my own birthday cake...b/c I certain 3 year old knows we have to have birthday cakes.  But...I was pleasantly surprised to find Shayne already home with the BEST birthday cake EVER!!  He had a cake, cards, and presents sitting there ready for me to open when I got home from my appointment.  It was awesome!

The kids loved the candles, and of course Shordy helped me blow out the candles...and lick the frosting off the cake.  :)

Then Shayne had gotten a babysitter and took me out to dinner and a movie.  Yeah for "The Hunger Games"!

What a great birthday!  I may not like being 36 (it's so much closer to 40 than 35!), but I loved having such a special day to pamper myself and spend with my kids...and with my very bestest friend ever!

No comments: