| There go my boys |
| How cute is that pic of them both looking through the railing? I think The Bug was trying to throw rocks into the river below...of course. |
| Beautiful fall colors of the Russian River Falls |
| Trying to figure out my new remote...if I looked a little annoyed it's because I was...it took me a bit to get it figured out. |
| Ya...that's me being annoyed again, and Shayne thinking it's funny. |
| Can't have a family pic without our dogs, Tipz & Bo. |
| I loved how he was sitting here with his hands in his lap. I tried to mimic it in the next couple of family pics, but he wouldn't quite cooperate. He also REFUSED to take off his cap or hood. |
| I like this pic of our little family. |
| The trail to the Russian River Falls is pretty cool...this is one of the most pretty parts. |
| I can't remember the name of this stream that flows into the Russian River. But this little bridge and falls are about a mile from the Falls lookout where we had taken our previous pics. |
| Let's guess what they are doing...throwing rocks maybe?! |
| These next few are from Shayne's camera. |
| This is a really cute pic, but the blog uploaded it weird. Not sure why. |
| Love those Xtra Tuff Boots! |
| Laughing with dad over something funny. |
So, instead of going to a Skyview Football game this particular Saturday, I wanted to hike up to the Russian River Falls and take some family pics with all the fall colors. So, Shayne accommodated me and off we went to the Russian.
This is a hike we have done multiple times, and I love to take pics of us at the Falls lookout. I think it's tradition now.
Anyway, I had just gotten a new tripod and remote for my camera and wanted to try them out. It was a beautiful day and perfect for a 5-6 mile round trip hike with The Bug in the Chariot.
Once we got there it took me a bit to figure out my remote sensor but once I had it figured out I was able to take some fun pics. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use some of these pics for our Christmas cards. Us on the Russian River pretty much says it all for our family.
The Bug refused to take off his cap or hoody hence him "hiding" in his hood. I love his little Xtra Tuff boots, and so does he. He loves to stomp in any puddle he can find. It's pretty dang funny...so glad they are good boots for puddling jumping.
Anyway...I love this river, despite all the bears. It's beautiful. It's where I first learned how to fish for Salmon on a fly rod, and it's also one of the first places I learned how to see fish and site cast to Rainbows with nymphs. I've learned a lot on this river. It will forever be one of my most memorable and favorite places to be.
P.S. I'm posting this March of 2012 and I have to put a little side note of what was going on in our lives for journaling purposes. Anyway...We knew at this point we were pregnant with a successful FET but no one else knew we were pregnant yet, and this was the first day I started to feel sick. I wasn't super sick, but definitely had some serious flashes of nausea...for us, me being sick is a good thing. So, it was a good day for lots of reasons...it was beautiful, the fall colors were awesome, The Bug was the cutest, the pictures were fun, the hike was great...and I was starting to get sick with morning sickness. Could life get any better? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment