“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Van & Teri Price Reunion - Paris Springs, Id July 1st-3rd



Had to get a pic of Shayne and I's honeymoon suite. :)

The kids were loving the balloons Nana brought. Ashley...not so much. :)

Shayne's contribution...ask me if I'm shocked he would take this pic. :)

Maestin playing ball with The Bug. He is such a good older cousin...so willing to play with the little two year olds.

Ruxton, Addler, and Braylee


Oh my goodness?! Is that another pic of a bug? I love that man!

Playing in the windy waves at Bear Lake




Not so happy playin' in the waves after catching one in the face. :)

Lunch time! Kade, Ashley, Mom, Dad, and Kade (yes, Shancy married a Kade...there is some confusion even for us. We started calling one Skinny Kade, and one Fat Kade (per Fat Kade's suggestion), until Mom didn't like that idea. Bet you can't guess who Skinny Kade was! Ha!!)


All the two year olds. Zane, Kinzie, Braylee, Holdan, and The Bug


Maestin warming up in the hot sand, courtesy of Jayvin and Gavin. Pretty sure he had sand in his hair for a week.

The Bug headed out to water with his trusty floatie

Maestin in a water fight with Kade

The Boys. Just guess what I told The Bug he shouldn't be doing. Notice the next pic...

Yup...exactly what mom said would happen. This is why mom's know best! Notice how Zane and Holdan are totally oblivious to the crashing Bug. :)

Cleaning up kids after a day in the sand. Shayne stripped The Bug down to his birthday suit to get all the sand out. He wasn't happy with him, b/c that water was a little colder. But I was sure thankful for Dad for cleaning him up.


Snake Kade found. The Bug doesn't mind touching it at all. Skinny Kade wasn't nearly as thrilled with it...he has a SERIOUS phobia of snakes. It was pretty entertaining. :)

Paris Springs. This was just up the trail a couple hundred yards from our campsite. Kade let me put my camera on his tripod, and showed me how to increase my exposure time to get that fuzzy look to the water. Pretty cool. I'm also pretty sure I've forgotten how to do it...but thanks for trying Kade. :)


The next few pics are at the ice caves not far from our campsite. I didn't go down into them, The Bug was asleep when they first went in. But I got some pics of them coming out after The Bug woke up. The older boys were loving it. Braylee was just ticked off she couldn't go with them.









This is not Skinny Kade. :) He was wishing he was in that moment though. :)




I love how he gets on his belly to look at things on the ground. So dang cute. :)

This whole cave thing was making Nana VERY nervous. She was totally stressed with all the little kids running around near the ledges.




After spending a week with Shayne's family, we went down a little further south to my family. We had our Annual Van & Teri Price reunion near Bear Lake, the Idaho side. My mom found a little campsite near Bear Lake called Paris Springs Campground. It was a really cute little campsite. We had a blast. So did the kids. They were filthy, and that meant heaven for little kids. It was interesting dealing with FIVE 2, or almost 2, year olds. They were everywhere and into everything. The nice thing was all my siblings there had a two year old and just knew to watch out for all of them.

We spent Friday tie-dying tshirts, and then at Bear Lake. We found a great little spot that had an area of warm shallow water separate from the rest of the lake for the little kids. In fact, it was perfect for a game of water baseball in which everyone participated. I can't believe I didn't take any pics of it, b/c it was so entertaining. It was such a great day.

The evenings around the fire were full of conversation, both funny and sobering. Maysi's boys put together a little 4th of July presentation with poems and other things relating to the Constitution. Shancy put together a little Speed card tournament...which I WON!! Yeah for gigantic bags of Peanut M&M's. All the dutch oven meals were excellent too.

The next day as we were leaving the town of Paris, they were having their local 4th of July Parade. It was perfect timing. We jumped out watched most of the parade, got candy, and then left. The Bug was totally mesmerized by all the floats...it was his first parade.

Unfortunately, I was not in the best mood emotionally. We had just found out about 10 days before, our IVF cycle had been unsuccessful. I tried desperately to act normal, but according to my sister's I wasn't. In fact, my sister, Dezi, had just had her little girl about 5 weeks earlier and I should have been so excited to hold her, but I couldn't. Emotionally my heart, Spirit, and soul could not handle holding a baby. Thankfully, my family was very understanding and just let me be and do what I needed to do. So, while I definitely needed the sun and the fun and family, I didn't take advantage of it like I really could have. Still...regardless of how horrible I was feeling on the inside...it was good for my soul to be around my family.

1 comment:

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

I miss Idaho. That area was so close to where we used to live. I am jealous you guys have family there so you can go back!!