“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, September 27, 2010

4th of July

First sparkler!! Ooohhh!! Aaahhh!!

A little scared of the fireworks at first...but it didn't last long.




Dad let him hold his own sparkler. Mom was a little concerned at first.




Holdan & The Bug sharing their sparkler fire.



Last year for The Bug's first 4th of July we were on our family camping trip up north to the Interior of Alaska near Fairbanks, Denali Highway, Chena River, etc. 4th of July in Alaska isn't nearly as big a deal as it is in the Lower 48. We don't have any big firework shows or anything like that. Don't fret...it's not b/c we as Alaskans aren't patriotic...quite the opposite actually (have you heard of Sarah Palin?)...it's b/c we have very little darkness on the 4th of July so you can't see the fireworks. What's the point of fireworks if you can't see them because the sun is so bright...even at midnight?

So...this year The Bug got to experience a fun 4th of July...the way most kids get to. He didn't make the Malad Firework Show the night before (the 4th was on a Sunday and this is Malad), he was asleep back at Grandma's with Grandpa watching him. Shayne & I went with my mom and Maysi & Austin and their herd.

But...The Bug got to celebrate it the next day with SPARKLERS!!! Auntie Maysi is his new favorite aunt, b/c she gave him his first sparklers, and he thought they were AWESOME! He enjoyed the little firework show the Tubbs brought over to Grandma's and Grandpa's too.

Thank you Auntie Maysi and all his Tubbs cousins for making his first real 4th of July so much fun!!

2 comments:

Austin and Maysi said...

I love being called Auntie Maysi, that is a first I have not been and auntie very long! IT was so fun doing the fireworks I think we need to make a tradition. Did you call my family a herd? HE-He I like it!

Unknown said...

He absolutely loved it. Did you see the pics that I took. There are a couple good ones of him and Shayne. Actually one of my most favorite pictures I took that weekend was with the bug and Shayne.