This little girl loves to be awake and look around. I had fed/burped/changed her and then went to take a shower. I left her in our awesome queen bed, and let Shayne know she was there. After I got out of the shower, this is what I saw. She was just staring at her daddy...and he was laying there watching her. It was so cute. My mom has a pic of me and my dad doing a very similar thing in my parents bed. It melted my heart...I'm glad I was able to get a pic of these two watching each other.
The Bug thinks her little fingers are the cutest. He thought it was pretty funny when she reached up and touched his lips/face. He proceeded to kiss them when we told him that's why she was touching his mouth. It was pretty dang cute...though it was short lived. He only wanted to sit there holding her for about a minute and a half before he was done. :)
Isn't that the sweetest little kiss? He loves to point out her little fingers and toes and even nose. So glad he loves her...at least for now. :)
We were released from the hospital Sunday evening the 22nd. We could've stayed another day, but Shayne had to work on Monday, and I could either hang out in the hospital by myself, or I could hang out at home with my mom, sister, and of course my Bug. Since I had already spent a day pretty much by myself in the hospital (Shayne ended up having to work 9-10 hours in the ER the day Sweet Pea was born, b/c they were short staffed and crazy busy), we opted to go home.
So, we dressed her up in her first little newborn outfit, appropriately decorated with a "Princess" decal, and went home. It is unbelievable how small they are when you put them in a car seat the first time. We had to do all sorts of adjusting to make sure she was strapped in good and tight...gotta love those car seat nazi's at the hospital! :)
The Bug was pretty excited to see us at home, and was such a good boy with his baby sister. He even calls her by her name, which is so cute to hear. Though I don't think he missed us too much having both his grandma and auntie here to give him all sorts of attention. They took him to Homer on Saturday, the 21st, and he quite entertained them. Thanks to Maysi he now no longer has a binky in the car seat...he was informed by her it was gross and now he'll have nothing to do with it, even though it sits right next to him in the car door. How funny is that...who knew all I had to do was tell him it was gross and he would be done with it?
Anyway...we are home and doing well. Sweet Pea is eating like she's been doing it forever, and sleeping like she's an angel...seriously. Her second night in the hospital she slept in the nursery for like 5 hours before I had to feed her again, and she's still following suit at home. We are loving this mild mannered, sleeping, non-fussy, loving to eat baby. She is the sweetest!
No comments:
Post a Comment