“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Iz My Turn!!







So, the cute little toddler boy I once had has disappeared. In his place is this cute little boy who is now demanding to do everything mom and dad are doing.

Case in point...he wanted a salmon sandwich, b/c that's all he'll eat for lunch right now, and I was in the process of making it...actually I was done making it, when he intervened. He started pushing his "own chair" over to the counter, b/c "iz my turn make samwich!"

I proceeded to get his little knife out, cut a small piece of bread, and let him have at it. I figure what can he do besides make a mess? I'm pretty sure more salmon went in his mouth than on the piece of bread, but again...not a bad thing, he's still getting the salmon right?

After he was done, he refused to eat the sandwich I had made. He would only eat the one he made. So, I had a half a salmon sandwich for lunch that day. Aaahhh...the entertainment a 2 year old provides. :) I love it!!

It's amazing how quickly they go from being tiny babies, to these little boys with independent personalities who want to do everything on their own. I'm pretty sure I just blinked and it happened.

I've vowed to not blink with our new little girl...is that possible? :)

No comments: