When we got pregnant again with this little girl, I made a promise to myself I would go back to our temple while pregnant and truly thank my Heavenly Father for blessing us twice with miracles. I was able to go back in December with our ward youth for their baptisms, and while they did baptisms I did some initiatory. I loved it, and had a constant prayer of gratitude in my heart. But, I still felt strongly Shayne & I needed to go as a couple to show our gratitude.
We tried to go in April, but the temple was closed for cleaning. So, this past weekend I asked Shayne if he would take me to the temple, since it was the last weekend we had before our baby gets here. It also just happened to be our stake temple day. Shayne was more than willing and happy to go, so we just needed to find someone to watch The Bug for a day.
Kaye & Jared decided to come down for the weekend to get away from Anchorage for a bit. When I told Kaye we wanted to go to the temple on Saturday, and that I felt bad for leaving, she didn't hesitate to tell me she'd watch The Bug so we could go. So, our friends who came down to see us, instead watched The Bug, while we left them at our house to go to the temple. They are incredible friends, and answers to our prayers.
Even though I was 38 1/2 weeks along, the trip went fine and the session was awesome. There were many moments throughout the session where I was overcome with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father for being so aware of Shayne & I and our desire to bring children into our home. I know there are lots and lots of couples who have the same desire, yet are unable to have their own children. So, while I don't understand completely why we have been blessed with these two incredible miracles, I also don't hesitate to grab hold of this opportunity to see great miracles happen in my life.
I made a point to take a mental picture of myself in a mirror at the end of the session so I could always remember what it was like to be there with a big pregnant belly, and know this child about to be born would be ours forever. She is ours forever.
In that moment, I have NEVER been more grateful for a husband who stayed worthy to take me to the temple to be married. Or more grateful for the true Gospel of Jesus Christ which teaches we can be families forever, miracles are real, and that our Heavenly Father knows who we each are and loves us and wants us to be happy.
I know all these things are true.
I know families are forever.
I know miracles occur.
I know my Heavenly Father knows who I am.
I know He wants me to be happy...I know all this because I am happy.
I have seen miracles occur.
I have felt the truth of forever families.
1 comment:
That would be very special. And what a way to show your gratitude and go when you are just about to pop. Your most uncomfortable part of your pregnancy. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. Thank you for sharing them. And I am just so happy for all of you, I can't stand it. Wow, just three more days??!!! We will continue keeping you all in our prayers...
KayC
Post a Comment