Please say hello to the newest member of our family...Zaydri Rogue Pond. She was born yesterday, May 20th, 2011 at 8:26 am after a great c-section. She weighed in at a whoppin' 6lbs 15 oz and was 20.5 inches long.
She doesn't have much hair, but the little bit she does have has a bit of a red tint to it, but not nearly as red as her big brother's was. She doesn't look like Shayne as much as The Bug did, but you can tell they are brother and sister. She has a different nose...we have yet to determine whose it is.
She is a sweet little girl and has a great disposition. She picked up nursing right away...she wasted NO TIME latching on and has been a very good little eater. In fact, she started sucking her thumb almost immediately after we got back to our room...uh oh. She loves to be snuggled and is happiest sleeping snuggled up on your chest or in your arms.
Her first night was awesome. She nursed a bunch, then fell asleep and slept for about 5 hours before waking up again to eat. After she's done eating and after a good nap, she loves to just lay awake and look around, making eye contact and checking out her new world. She only whines or cries when she has a bubble, a dirty diaper, or is hungry. Other than that, she is the sweetest. We are already in love. :)
The Bug wasn't sure what to think about her the first time he visited, though he did give her kisses. He was more worried about his mommy in bed with tubes and "owwies" than he was his little sister. However, last night when he came in again with my mom and sister, he gave her a kiss, wanted to hold her, and then asked to take her home. So, we're hoping it's a good thing.
I'll post more info later, but wanted to get some pictures up of our sweet Zaydri and introduce her to our family and friends.
19 comments:
She is beautiful!!! I have been stalking your blog, waiting for pictures. So happy to see the update and so happy things went well. So happy for all you. What a miracle. xoxo
So happy for your family! What a precious little girl!!!
She looks like you Pepper! She is a doll! Congratulations!!!
Oh my goodness, she's perfect. I love her already too. Sooooo tiny. Congrats Pep
Such pretty features! And look how little her head is!
Such a beauty! (I love how perfect a C-section head can be, but I think hers is particularly pretty...) She's just gorgeous.
Congratulations!
Aww, she is a doll! So happy for all of you to finally have her here. Congrats!
Beautiful! Congrats! That is soo exciting!!!!
She is darling. Congratulations!!!
Absolutely Beautiful. Enjoy every single minute. Congratulations!
Congrats to your little family! She is beautiful! Love ya!
Yahoo! I'm so glad she's here and that you're both doing well! Looks like Shayne got his way with Rogue. :) She's beautiful! I can't wait to see her.
She is a beautiful baby. I like the name--where did this one come from if you don't mind me asking!! Shayne I am so happy for you!! What a beautiful family!!
Soooo pretty! Congrats on another beautiful child!
Dear Shayne and Pepper, We are so happy for your young little family!!!! happy to hear she is healthy and enjoys being out in this wonderful world, especially the one you and Shayne will create for her not to mention, Bug! I have no doubt Grandma Pond is soooo excited. congrats and much love sent your way Aunt Dayna and family
Congratulations Pepper--so happy for you and your hubby. Love her name.
How exciting! She is beautiful! Glad things went well for you. Congrats!
Awesome! She is soo beautiful. Congratulations Pepper! You're a beautiful mommy! Can't wait to see the little girl. :)
I know you are busy, but I REALLY can't wait to see more pictures... I am sure she is changing even after only a couple weeks.
Post a Comment