“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Night Shots - Lightening Storm

These first two night pics are in my parents field.  Kade came w/ his camera and showed me how to set up my camera for a long exposure.  It was pretty cool getting the pics we did.  I really enjoyed learning something new with my camera.

This pic shows the lights from Thikol??...not sure of the spelling.  This is looking south.  You can see the panels from my parents arena/roping shoot.  I thought it was pretty cool.

This one has part of the big dipper.  It's looking north, and I think the light on the right is from a car that drove by.

This one is looking north too...I just liked the red lights of the truck that drove by.


These  next few shots are from Sunday night during a lightening storm.  Shayne, Kade, and I drove up past the Kid's Pond and took shots of an old cabin there.  It was so dang fun...and very cool.  We actually saw a small fire up in a canyon that had started as a result of the lightening.  These exposures are anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

I haven't edited any of these shots, and some of the are blurry.  I'm learning.  But for my first time I thought they turned out pretty cool.  Kade got some pretty incredible ones.  I had fun hanging out w/ my little brother doing something we both enjoy.

The front light is from Kade's phone.


The front light is from Kade's phone.



Can you see Shayne?


Can you see him again?





No comments: