“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~
Monday, August 29, 2011
Sunday Afternoon Storm
For dinner on Sunday we went out to Maysi & Austin's. Dinner was great, conversation was interesting, and Shayne entertained us w/ his attempts to tie the tying dummy. Maestin had to show him how it was really done. Seeing that thing brought back lots and lots of memories...not all good. :) My dad (and then brothers, though I was out of the house by then) spent HOURS tying that thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Many times we had to time my dad with a stop watch while he practice. My dad was seriously OBSESSED with roping...I say "was"...he still is but not quite at the level he was when I was a kid.
Anyway...I digress...
After dinner all of the sudden there was a microburst rainstorm...and it was amazing! It dumped a ton of water. My poor little Alaskan boy thought it was awesome to run out in the rain, b/c it wasn't cold at all. The other kids I think thought he was crazy at first, but then they joined in pretty quickly when they saw Shayne running around with his kid. Pretty soon they were all running around in the puddles, and then my kid decided to get down on his belly and lick the water in a puddle! Ummm...this is a working ranch. It's not just dirt in them there puddles! Gross. But hey...what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right?
The storm didn't last very long, and as the clouds were rolling out we were able to watch a pretty incredible sunset. I wish I had had my good camera with me, but I didn't. Kade had his and caught an AWESOME pic of some lightening across the valley with Maysi's house in the pic. It was pretty cool. We went out later that night and took some really cool lightening shots. I'll post those next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't even tell what a warm feeling I get when I think about time spent with family and fun. It is so important and it is good that you and the other siblings come home once in a while so we can all share and feel that. Great posts!
Your baby girl looks so much like you it is crazy! I saw a picture of her on Kaye's blog and new right away it was yours! :)
So the tying dummy totally made me laugh. Dad and Justin would use theirs endlessly and it really seems as though I spent most of my life ducking and dodging the rope as it swung next to my head. Mom and I pretty much stayed upstairs and out of the way for fear of injury. BTW, yes, next time you are here, you need to call your high school friends. Although I have been in your shoes trying to juggle both families and all you want to do and see in the short time in town so I will understand if it is just too much - but it would be super fun to see you. Luvs. :-)
Post a Comment