Every year my grandma Price has a donut part for Halloween. We would go over the afternoon of and help her make them, and then after trick-or-treating we would go over to Grandma's for donuts and apple cider. I haven't been to my Grandma's donut party for years, and was sorta missing it this year. So, I decided to start our own tradition. I called my Grandma and had a great conversation with her and got her donut recipe.
I started with the dough around 10:30am, and finally finished up with everything around 3:30 on Saturday the 31st. This was not an easy undertaking. I don't have a huge kitchen, so mine was a mess! I had pans, flour, and donuts everywhere!! Lachlan thought it was great "wiping" up all the spilled flour on the chairs and flour. While letting the dough rise I ran upstairs and sewed Lachlan a trick-or-treat bag from some Halloween remnant fabric I got a JoAnn's the day before. Then came down and finished up.
We took the donuts over to the Hansen's and all met up there after our ward "trunk-or-treat". I was grateful the Hansen's, Swanson's, and Massey's were all there to eat the almost 4 dozen donuts, and 4 dozen donut-holes I had made! I didn't get pics of the actual donut party, but it was so fun! The donuts turned out pretty good, especially for my first time making them without my Grandma Price.
My grandma was still going to have her donut part this year, even though she is almost 85 years old! However, my mom and Aunt LaNora decided she has made enough donuts, so they brought the donuts this year. I'm sad I missed my extended family at the Price Donut Party, but I'm so glad I've started our own Pond Family Donut Party!!
Notice the little Monster trying to get ahold of one of those donuts! Don't worry he sampled them before we took them to the party, and he thought they were pretty good too. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment