“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Monday, December 14, 2009

12 Month Appointment - October 19th, 2009

Ok...this is just a little bit late. But...I have to post this info, b/c I use my blog all the time to remind myself of when and what things happened.

The Bug had his 12 month appointment after we got back from Hawaii. We postponed it a bit, b/c he always reacts to his vaccinations with a fever and we could only get him in the day before we left for Hawaii. A baby with a fever on an airplane was not my idea of fun...and we found out it's not fun on the flight back from Hawaii. So...we hauled him into the Dr.'s after.

It was a great appointment, minus the vaccinations. Ick.

He weighed in at 21.8 lbs (around 45%) and was 29" long (35%--I think). They actually measured his head twice. Ya...twice. The medical assistant measure it first and got a number that put him above the 100 percentile. Lovely. So, the FNP (Family Nurse Practitioner) who we were seeing at Doc's office measured it again. She did a more accurate measurement...in my opinion. :) He still measured around 48 cm(I think), but was in the 97 percentile, instead of the 100+ percentile.

Basically The Bug is still short with a big head! :)

But...I will have you know he's really started to hit a growth spurt (upwards, not out) and is finally growing into his head...at least that's what people have been telling me. Yes...there are people who have told me The Bug has a ginormous head. I never thought he had a big head to start with, but that's a mother's perspective.

The rest of the appointment went well. He's right where he needs to be developmentally...especially in the walking department. The FNP was pretty amazed he had been walking well since 11 months.

He did get some vaccinations. But, Shayne is a good daddy and gave him some ibuprofen as a prophylactic before hand so his fever wasn't too bad. Shayne is also the one who holds him down while the give him the injections...I hate it!

So...that was The Bug's 12 month appointment!

Ok...now I'll jump back to more current happenings...if you call last month's happenings current! :)




~~As a little side note: I'm feeling much better after having a not so good week. Thank you for all the comments and the prayers...and the lack of phone calls. It was exactly what I needed.~~

2 comments:

Karen said...

The boys are home from school and want to know if Lachlan can come over and play? So if you have any last minute shopping we'd love to help out.

9 of Us said...

At least the docs don't want a cat scan on that ginormous head, like Kennedy. Big head, big brain!!