

On November 30th, we had a massive snow storm move through. It seriously dropped about 10 inches, but we got way more precipitation. It was above freezing even as it was snowing, so it was very heavy, very wet snow. In fact, the next day when we went outside to play in it a bit, it was actually raining. So...the 10 inches didn't really indicate the amount of moisture we got.
The snow was actually so heavy it caused a bunch of power lines to go down. We lost power at our house around 4:30 in the morning and we finally got power back around 2:30-3:00 the next afternoon...over 10 hours without power. We unfortunately have no alternate source of heat. So we were extremely lucky it was relatively warm outside. Shayne worked the night before, so slept most of the day under blankets. The Bug and I bundled up in layers and survived. We were headed to the Hansen's who still had heat at their house, but our power came on before we got too cold. Needless to say, we are now working on getting an alternate source of heat in our home.
After the power came on, I put The Bug in his snowpants and snowboots for the first time. Not that he was able to do anything in them. The snow was so heavy when I put him down, he couldn't move...literally. He was like a little post stuck in the snow. It was pretty funny. After Shayne got done shoveling, he grabbed The Bug and would toss him into the snow. It was so heavy and soft he would just kind of land with a soft thud...and then laugh. He thought it was great fun...and it completely entertained us.
So while we are used to getting large snowstorms throughout the winter...this one was definitely a little more memorable.
1 comment:
Gloves????? I'm sending you gloves, I have a spare of Kinzie's I'll get them in the mail today!!! (I feel like mom and her desire to always but socks on my kids!)
Post a Comment