
After
Enough of the serious, slightly depressing stuff. :)
On October 15th, we decided it was finally time to cute The Bug's hair. He was born with beautiful red hair, it fell out, and more beautiful red hair grew back. I was sure he was going to be a strawberry red-haired little boy. Alas, I was wrong. Blonde hair started growing in under his red in the late summer. I desperately did not want to cut off those beautiful red-tips, and I waited as long as I could. The poor kid had these wispy red strands of hair nearly in his eyes. I also knew that as soon as we cut it, he would no longer be our baby, but a little boy. And it was true!
We cut it by using a #8 guard on a pair of clippers. We had let him watch dad cut his own hair with the clippers a few time, so he wouldn't be too freaked out about it. As a result, he did really well. Other than being a typical wiggly 12 month old, he didn't complain at all. By the time we were done, all his red hair lay in a pile on the bathroom floor. (Don't worry, I saved the pile of red hair.) I was so sad. He was also completely transformed. He looks like a little boy now...a blonde little boy. But, he's still the cutest little boy we've ever seen.



No comments:
Post a Comment